Grants:Project/Rapid/Obihoja/Nigerian Teaching Hospitals and Federal Medical Centers
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: i will get some new editors to edit in Wikidata
- Increase skills for existing editors: the project will also increase the skill of all participating editors
- Add or improve content: many new content will be added to Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will do 5 online edit a thons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will inform friends, family and colleagues both orally, by calls and social media
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I am experienced in wikidata. i also have other experienced editors that will work with me. Some of the editors that will work with me include
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Many participants have the experience and have laptops for the project. however a few participants will use the cybercafe
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will continue to encourage each other since most of us are in the same neighborhood and working place
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- before the project and possibly during the project, participants will be trained and continue to discuss editing on Wikidata. this will be helpful since we will be working online
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 5
- Number of participants 45
- Number of new editors 3
- Number of of articles created or improved 90
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- we have experienced editors. most participants also have laptops
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data for 5 participants that have laptops 60 X 5 = 300
- Payment for Covid 19 compliant cybercafe workstation 4 X 5 X 30 = 600
- Food/drink for those working in cybercafe 4 X 5 X 18 = 360
- Wikidata merchandise (branded T shirts and Face mask) 9 X 45 = 405
- Miscellaneous = 130
- Total = $1795
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!