Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing contributors of the community.
- To add freely licensed, and quality images of natural heritages of Nepal to Wikimedia Commons.
- To spread awareness about ways to contribute media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on freely licensed and high-quality images of natural heritages in Nepal, that will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons for free usage and spread its importance by its utilization in Wikipedia articles. The competition is important because it gives us exposure to the natural heritage of Nepal. Promotes physical meetups between the Wikimedians and new users and photographers. Spread the messages outside the existing community.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will share information about the contest through:
- Email and Social Media promotion
- Local Media Coverage
- Virtual Collaboration with professional photographers team.
- Virtual Partnership with like-minded organizations
- Tell a friend
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The jury will comprise 3-4 members with different expertise; people from the Wikimedia community and well-known photographers will be invited to join the jury team .Prizes will be in terms of certificates, gift hampers and token of appreciation. The jury will determine the winners of the local and international contest taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (focus, exposure, composition, movement control and depth of field.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We are planning to organize online Photo Edit-a-thon. That will help to utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Here is community discussion on local Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 50+
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons:500+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: About 30%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Nirmal Dulal (Organizer)
- Bijay Chaurasia (Organizer)
- Santosh Raj Pathak (Jury)
- Mohan K. Duwal (Jury)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item Description||No. of Units||Unit Price||Total Costs||Notes|
|Main Prize||3||450 USD||450 USD||3 best photos: Gift hampers for Top 3 Photos (First, Second, Third)|
|Additional Prizes||1||50 USD||50 USD||Gift hamper for the Qualitative contributor by numbers of quality and valued photographs. This encourages more people to actually participate in the contest, and upload more quality and valued photographs.|
|Special prizes (Photo Frame with the winning photo Printed 12x18 and framed)||10||25 USD||250 USD||The prizes is for the top ten contributors by rank of winning of photographs.|
|WLE Certificate||100||1 USD||100 USD||The certificate is for the all contributors and volunteers who takes part in the competition.|
|Total Prizes Costs||850 USD|
|Token of Appreciation||5||15 USD||75 USD||Token of Appreciation to jury members|
|Communication||50 USD||50 USD||For the discussion among the volunteers and communication expenses.|
|Courier Service||100 USD||100 USD||For the participants and winners living around the country and overseas|
|Miscellaneous||100 USD||100 USD||For the discussion among the volunteers and communication expenses.|
|Total Cost||250 USD|
|Total cost of project||1175 USD||(1 USD = NPR 123.21 as of 16 April 2020)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!