Grants:Project/Rapid/Nirajan Pant/Doteli Wikipedia 1st Anniversary Celebration/Report
- Report accepted
- To read the approved grant submission describing the plan for this project, please visit Grants:Project/Rapid/Nirajan Pant/Doteli Wikipedia 1st Anniversary Celebration.
- You may still comment on this report on its discussion page, or visit the discussion page to read the discussion about this report.
- You are welcome to Email rapidgrants at wikimedia dot org at any time if you have questions or concerns about this report.
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes! We are happy with the project. All 4 planned goals had been achieved during the project time-frame. Peoples from Nepali Wikipedia, Maithili Wikipedia, Wikidata, Organizations working in Language and Society, and FOSS Nepal participated in the interaction and discussions followed by the Doteli Wikipedia's 1st Anniversary Celebration program. Due to the short time frame of the project, we were unable to broaden the area of discussion to Increase skills for existing and new editors. In overall, all our team members and community is happy and satisfied with the celebration, discussion and the output.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Familiarization and community build||Doteli Wikipedia community members and other stakeholders on the same bench||Members from Nepali, Maithili, Newari Wikipedia, Wikidata, FOSS Nepal, GDG, NDRI have participated in the event|
|Discussion on 1 year journey||Individual experiences and views shared|
|Review the one year period of Doteli Wikipedia||Journey of Incubation to 1 Year celebration was reviewed||The discussion was focused on
For the future plans and directions the discussion was focused on following points
|Increase skills for existing editors||Experiences of members from various communities has been exchanged|
|20-30 participants||23 participants|
|4-6 organizers||4 organizers|
Participants / GalleryEdit
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
What worked well?
- While talking about about the project/event, almost everything’s work well as per the plan. - More than 20 peoples from various discipline participated in the celebration program and the meeting to make it successful.
What did not work so well?
- The diversity in participation (in terms of gender) was very low.
What would you do differently next time?
- Will try to organize the program with the more participation for more diversity.
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Refreshment in event preparation meeting = 720 NRS
- 1st Anniversary celebration Banner, T-Shirts = 16244 NRS
- Venue, Snacks, Breakfast, coffee and Projector Charge = 16583 NRS
- Welcome scarf, Folder files, Notebooks, Pencils, Markers = 3185 NRS
- Travel cost during the project (public bus, taxi) = 3260 NRS
- Miscellaneous (name tags, printing cheatsheets, telephone, bank charges, and other operating costs) = 2421 NRS
Total spent = 42413 NRS (USD 400)
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Remaining funds = NRS 15784 (USD 153)
We'd like to retain the unspent funds while we apply for another Rapid grant.
Anything else you want to share about your project?