Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing female editors
- Improve and create new articles about women or female-related topics on Wikipedia
- Upload photos of traditional women's of Nepal
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The event includes Meetup, group discussion, orientation class and workshop session in the month of March and April. The intended purpose here is to make women's to read and write some new articles about women and other female related topics on Wikipedia. This event will also make participant much familiar about Wikimedia commons to upload the images, specially of traditional women dresses.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The event has already discussed at the village pump of Maithili Wikipedia.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We have several experienced MWUG members who will be willing to play a role in this event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The workshop event will be organized at college or computer institute where participants can use some computers there.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will engage participants through Whatsapp group, where we can monitor the progress.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- It will aware women to participate in Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4 events in total
- Number of participants: 20 participants will be trained at workshop
- Number of new editors: ~5 participants
- Number of articles created: 20 articles
- Number of articles improved: 20 articles
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have experience editors from MWUG, who is going to support this event as a resource person.
as well as 2 or 3 women and men volunteers.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
2 days full time event
|70000 NPR||This includes event venue, travel reimbursements and refreshments for events|
|30000 NPR||Volunteer Team and few participants|
Discussion between team members and volunteer
|10000 NPR||Tea and snacks for participants|
|4||Orientation Class event
Event will be hosted in different colleges for 3 days (1 times in each college)
|30000 NPR||Refreshments for students|
5 Pcs (Average quality)
|4000 NPR||T-shirts for Workshop participants|
|6||SWAG material and Back Drop||12000 NPR||SWAG material and Back Drop will be used in every events|
|7||Communication and Miscellaneous
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!