Grants:Project/Rapid/Nigerian Senators and Members of House of Representatives Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: We will recruit new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors: Many old and experienced editors will participate with the new editors. This will create forum for sharing of knowledge and increase in skills.
- Add or improve content: We will add new content and improve existing information on the legislators.
- We intend to use this Opportunity to introduce wikidata to the legislators and urge them to encourage the National Assembly to continue updating information about their members on the different wikimedia projects.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will do 4 Edit-a-thon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have started discussing with my friends and associates and many of them are very interested. I will also inform more people through the different social media apps.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, We have experienced wikimedia editors that have shown interest including
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participant have the skills needed to participate and also have laptops
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will keep discussing with each other and also be communication on social media to encourage each other.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 32
- Number of new editors: 8
- Number of of articles created or improved: 50
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 8
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 experienced Wikimedia's who will attend the events and support in planning and training.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Payment for data = $25 x 4 X 4 events = $400
- Rental of Covid 19 compliant work station in cybercafe = $35 x 4 X 4 events = $560
- Food and Drinks for people working in cybercafe $25 X 4 X 4 = $400
- Wikimedia merchandise $45 X 10 = $450
- Miscellaneous = $100
Total = 1,910 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- there is obvious lack of information on current Nigerian legislators in wikidata. this project will certainly fill this gap. I support this programme and will be happy to participate in it. Obihoja (talk) 20:05, 11 February 2020 (UTC)
- I endorse this project as it will improve information of Nigerian Senators and Members of House of Representatives in wikidata. I think that we do not have reasonable information on this in wiki projects and this project will improve the situation. i support this project Igboanude (talk) 20:24, 11 February 2020 (UTC)
- I support the project because it will help to provide information on Nigerian Senators and members of House of Representatives in wikidata. i will also be happy to participate in the project. Onyenachi64 (talk) 08:57, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- this project has gone a long way in helping so many unity schools in the aspect of igbo languages Hamzabash (talk) 18:38, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
- i support this project as I believe that we have to work harder to get Nigerian agencies and institutions into wikimedia so that it joins the larger body of free knowledge available all over the world. i also look forward to learning to be a better editor during the project. Otubo mmadu (talk) 22:12, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
- Great idea. i support this project and will like to participate in it Audu king (talk) 18:01, 15 February 2020 (UTC)