Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Participate in the 2018 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Provide skills for new editors
- Increase Female participation in Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- This meeting will assist the members on the NetSquared meetup platform the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills in Wikipedia and learn new words which is vital to their working environment within the NGO setup.
- Close up the Wikimedia’s gender trouble gap.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- This is the first time participating in this meeting and we know this will be of great benefit impacting on our members in terms of technology knowledge enhancement in line with Wikipedia editing.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Announcement made on our meetup group. https://www.meetup.com/NetSquared-Accra/events/247898611/
- Registered on the Wikipedia Outreach Dashboard. https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/NetSquared_Accra_Ghana/NetSquared_Accra_Art_and_Feminism_2018_(31st_March_2018)
- Church announcement for other members not on the group plateform.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Participant will be provided with the link to their entries. This will enable them to monitor additional works being done by other editors on their entries. We will also create a Whats app group for the participants to serve as a forum where participants will share their experiences on the edith-a-thon as we prepare for 2019. We hope to become one of the largest Art+Feminism participating group in West Africa in the future.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will help lead to the participation of NetSquared Accra in editing the Wikipedia, thereby creating awareness and visibility for the meetup group. It will also help to increase the content of women on Wikipedia.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants 30
- Number of people who will help organize the event:2
- Number of events: 1
- Number of new editors: 10
- Number of articles created or improved: 10
Description Total GHS Data cost only 250 Refreshment and lunch break for 10 participants 600 Water boxes for 10 people 30 Bank Charges 44.65 Fuel 125 Projector rental 150 Transport For An Experience Wikipedia 100 Total GHS 1,299.65