Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- To increase wikidata's participation
- To create or modify wikidata items
- To develop level of Nepali Wikipedia and Nepali contents
- To increase Nepali native speakers in Nepali Wikipedia
- To promote the contribution of local contents in Nepali Wikipedia
- To increase women's involvement in community projects
- Establish and consolidate the existence of the Wikimedians of Nepal
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are organizing series of editathon in different academic institution and venues around Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur and Rajbiraj.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The program is proposed at Village Pump Discussion of Nepali Wikipedia. Communication will be done through the affiliate's mailing list. Programs will be pre-announced in official facebook page of Wikidata Datathon Nepal .
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we've been organizing the wikidata datathon events since 2015 frequently as Datathon 2015, Datathon 2016, Datathon 2017 and couple other Datathon outreach sessions. So, we have experienced Wikimedia editors and enthusiasts to execute the program successfully.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, participants will have the equipment and skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content. Besides that the venue, internet connections and other necessary services will be our responsibilities.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Well, according to our program format each event will be a 7 days competition so that participants will be involved regularly. Additionally, we're expecting to organize meet-up and editaton on the regular basis.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- As of the date, we were focusing with the basic query of Wikidata. Now with this program, we're going to deal with some advanced query of wikidata to prepare a Wikidata Taskforce.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- 7+ online editathon and outreach events
- 200+ participants
- 100+ new editors
- 3000+ article to be created and improved
- 10+ repeat participants for each new events
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have the team of experienced editors to execute the sessions
- The necessary equipment like the laptop or personal computers will be the self-responsibilities of both organizers and participants.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item / Description||Total cost (US$)||Remarks|
|Banners and Publications||USD 100||Banners, Strickers e.t.c|
|Food and Beverages||USD 600||Food and Beverages for the participants of all targeted programs|
|Projector and Venue Charges||USD 300||Charges of Projector and Venue of the program|
|Telephone and Internet connectivity||USD 100||3G/4G Internet data and communication charges|
|Cash Prizes and Certificates||USD 600||Certificates of all participants and cash prize to winners|
|Transportation||USD 150||Transportation charge for organizing team|
|Stationery and Miscellaneous||USD 100||Stationery and Miscellaneous Charges|
|Total||USD 1950||Total cost of all editathons and outreach events|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!