Grants:Project/Rapid/Musaddam Idriss/Art + Feminism Wikipedia Editathon and Campaign 2022 in Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add and improve quality contents on women, feminism and LGBTQ individuals
- Recruit new editors, particularly women and LGBTQ individuals in Nigeria
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Hold two edit-a-thon training workshops leading into the event in order to increase the success of the event.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will organize two series of edit-a-thons and training
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Already, there are established social media groups of the Nigeria Wikimedians (WhatsApp, Facebook and Telegram) where I will notify the community. I will also use the meta and discussion pages to let people know about the event. Additionally, the event is advertised on the Art and Feminism official website.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Social media channels like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook and physical outreach.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes there are experienced editors who can also help me in the training of new editors.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- I would teach those who do not have the skills how to edit and contributes on Wikipedia.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- During the event, I will design an online survey form to take the attendance of the participants during the trainings in order to have their contact information (like emails and phone numbers), I will then open social media platforms including WhatsApp and Telegram groups where I can add them in order to continue engaging them in the Wikimedia project activities.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
Yes. Here is the link
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In this project, I have a goal of seen that myself together with the other participants create biographies of over 300 women, especially female writers, women journalists, women athletes, women politicians, women academics, actresses, models, female entrepreneurs, female artists etc. The event will be split into the following segments:
- First event: 2 Edit-a-thons/trainings on how to create articles on Wikipedia
- Second event: Adding and improving contents related to women, feminism and the arts.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 2
- Number of participants = 50
- Number of new editors = 10
- Number of articles created or improved = 300+
- Number of repeat participants = 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Musaddam Idriss is an experience editor with good standing in organizing similar events. I will lead the event as the organizer with the help of some experienced Wikimedia editors as facilitators.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hall/Event Space for 2 days - $599.852
- Data for the Online Promotion and the 2 Days Workshop - $119.97
- Expenditures for the two invited facilitators (transports, feeding and accommodation) - $287.929
- Participants Data Reimbursements for the 2 days Trainings and articles upload – $239.941
- Laptop and Projectors Renting for Facilitators - $107.973
- Participants Bus Tickets - $143.965
- Snacks and Drinks for all participants during the Workshop – $359.911
- Event’s Banner - $107.973
- 15 Branded T-shirts: 3 for the facilitators and 12 for the top most contributing Participants - $167.959
- Security, Contingency and Courier Service Fee - $107.973
Total in NGN: 889,999 equivalent to $2,135.473 USD (using Oanda at the exchange rate 1 USD to 416.769 NGN)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!