Grants:Project/Rapid/Mrnyben1313/Celebrating "International Day of Education 2022"
We plan to organize a series of edit-a-thon to create Wikidata items for Nigerian University Full Professors in the National Universities Commission Directory of Full Professors in the Nigerian University system.A simple Wikidata query on list of Nigerian full professors returned only 57 Professors even though more than 10,000 University professors have been listed in the directory.. This is a huge contents gap. Participants would be teachers and academics in public and private schools.
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase contents about Nigerian full Professors on Wikidata
- To commemorates the International Day of Education as Wikidata belongs in education
- To engage academics and teachers in Wikidata editing
- Increase Nigeria-related contents on Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I plan to organise two series of edit-a-thon
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- Link to the talk page of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We have informed the Nigerian community on its talk page, WhatsApp Groups
- We have invited some academics and teachers that have participated in past Wikimedia events in Nigeria.
- There would also be a call for participation.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes,they do
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will continue with mentoring of the participants on designated platform eg Telegram or Whatsapp
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events=2
- Number of participants= 40
- Number of new editors= 20
- Number of Wikidata items created or improved= 2,000
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events=10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Oludegun- Facilitator
- Agbalagba- Facilitator
- User:Olaniyan Olushola- Advisor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue= $200 x 2=$400
- Food and drinks =$10 x 40 x 2days =$800
- Local Travels for acilitators = 4 × $50=$200
- Data for participants= $5 x 40= $200
- Internet for the event for 2days= $50
- Drop Down Banner Graphics dedigns for promotion= $180
- Nose Masks= $2 × 40 =$80
- Handsaniser= $30=$30
- Bank charges = $ 30
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!