Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- The Latin American Festival of Free Software Installation (FLISoL) is the biggest in Latin America and second in the world, this festival promotes diffusion of Free Software. Since 2005 FLISoL attracts the users, developers and people interested in free technologies that have been an essential part of our lives. This event is carry out simultaneously in more to 200 cities and 20 countries to Latin America, since 2017 Spain also celebrates FLISoL.
- The FLISoL Bogotá 2018 looks for spaces to promote the use of Free Software to Bogotá citizens through installation, workshops and conferences; we invite you to participate actively, contributing to the local development, as a sponsor of the event.
The event is aimed to the general public: young people, adults, the elderly, women, men, boys and girls, people with disabilities and all people who are interested in technology issues, from Colombia and the world, since the event will be broadcasted via streaming. The history of FLISoL is consigned in : https://flisolbogota.org/historia/ In this event we will hold a workshop to publicize what we do on Wikimedia and also invite and involve more people.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Talk and workshop with 30 participants who will register beforehand.
* Themes: Wiki and collaborative documentation * License of the tool to be treated in the workshop: GNU GPL * Name of the workshop: Wikimedia and local production software * Description of the workshop: * Wikimedia projects have become the pillars of documentation on different topics related to our day-to-day activities. In the framework of FLISoL, the basic use of these tools will be presented and its participants will be invited to participate in collaborative documentation projects based on local interests, needs and knowledge. * Approximate duration: between 60 and 90 minutes * Level of complexity: basic * Public target: general public * Time zone of preference: 10:00 a 12:00
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- We will have a call open previously.
Background of the event
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLISOL * https://reps.mozilla.org/e/flisol-bogota-1/ * https://foro.mozilla-hispano.org/t/flisol-2017-latam/23136 * https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Latinoamericano_de_Instalaci%C3%B3n_de_Software_Libre_2017 * https://flisol.info/FLISOL2018/Colombia
* Participation in number of people: http://s.dongee.com/0Y361r1w1304
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Since we have an enrollment list, the next step is to invite them to follow the mailing list or join the group on Telegram.
We will also use the participant database to invite them to future events and also leave access for them to organize events.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
40 people to the workshop, 1500 people to the event.
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
83 520 COP
20 000 COP
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses)
TOTAL AMOUNT= (83 520+20 000)+10%= 113 872 COP = 41 USD aprox.