Project Goal Edit
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Our goal is to organise the Tunisian edition of the Wiki Loves Monuments photo contest. After three successful editions in 2013, 2014 and 2015 we want to continue this contest by organising a new edition. During this year we have expanded our lists by adding new monuments and we hope to attract for this new edition more contributors from regions that were underrepresented in previous years.
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Wiki Loves Monuments will be held the second time in Tunisia,For this we will organize many events to promote wiki loves Monuments and other activities of Wikimedia TN user group:
- Presentation about Wiki Loves Earth. Date: September 3, 2016
- As part of wiki loves Monuments 2016 we will organize more than 5 visits to many monuments of Tunisia during the month of September
- Edit a thon Upload photos. nominate photos as QI and featured photos and using photos in Wikipedia projects
- Final Ceremony Distribution of prices and pictures exhibition.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- On boarding and educating new contributors through direct communication and providing support material/brochures to keep the contributors involved on the Wikimedia Movements, based on the support from active and experienced contributors as well. Based on that approach we intend to improve the user's contributions retention after the contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of participating : 30
- Number of photos uploaded: 1500
- Number of new users: 15
- 4 months after the contest, 300 (and 10%) of photos are used on wiki projects
- 4 months after the event, 200 (and 8%) of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured (this year we will increas the numbers of QI phots and only QI photos will be selected for the final)
- 50 new Monuments will be photographed
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Rubric||Number||Unit price||Total TND||Total USD||Notes|
|Presentation about Wiki Loves Monuments||1||100||100||46||Local rental and coffee break|
|Workshop Upload photos||1||100||100||46||Local rental and coffee break|
|Photo walks||2000||910||Facilitate access to the participants in protected areas|
|Awards||5||1500||685||1st prize 500 TND |
2nd prize 300 TND
4rd prize 100 TND
|Final Ceremony [ Distribution of prices and pictures exhibition ]||1||300||300||140|
|Printing of 150Best Photos||15||10||150||70|
|Total||4 350||1 987|
- Total cost of project
1 987USD / 4 350 TND
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
1 987USD / 4 350 TND
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded