Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- In total, we will have to visit three cities of Côte d’Ivoire : Toumodi, Yamoussoukro, Bouaké and some villages that we will come across on the way. We will be two people in total.We will focus on the remarkable and popular places of cities.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
We will focus our journey on taking pictures of the remarkable and popular places of the three cities that we will have to visit and also some villages that we meet on the way. This is a important because having articles from Côte d'Ivoire that are sufficiently illustrated and documented under free license is one of the high priorities of the Wikimedia Community in Côte d’Ivoire. Aside Abidjan, cities of Côte d'Ivoire are much neglected on Internet. Indeed there are not enough photos to illustrate our articles about cities on Commons. Also, to images that will be taken and intel collected during this journey will help write articles on wikivoyage and add images to articles are already existing in wikipedia.Articles about the above cities will be created or improved, and to some extent, content about Côte d’Ivoire will be improved. If you consider for example the city of Toumodi, there are no photos on Commons, and for the other two cities mentioned earlier, there only are three to four photos on Commons. Our photo walk will allow the cities of the Côte d'Ivoire to appear on Commons and additional photos will increase the existing number of uploaded pictures related to Côte d’Ivoire in general and to those cities in particular.
Tourist places and Historical sites to visit
The Great Mosque of Yamoussoukro, the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, the vertiges of the Paleolithic, the Baoulé chains which have a succession of hills, the lake with the sacred caimans, the hotel of parliamentarians, the Felix Houphouet-Boigny Foundation, the Hotel President, the Kingdom of the Baoulé of Bouaké, the Paleolithic sites and the remains left by the men of that period, the chapel of Toumodi, the secondary school Mami Adjoua, the INP Félix Houphouët-Boigny.
The list of articles to create or improve
- The article of Toumodi on wikipédia needs to be illustrated and does not exist on wikivoyage.
- The article of Bouaké needs to be illustrated in some paragraphs on wikipédia and does not exist on wikivoyage.
- Yamoussoukro's article needs to be illustrated in some paragraphs on Wikipédia and needs more content on wikivoyage.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
At the end of the photos walks we will upload all the photos on Commons.This will give us a good database that we can use later for improving or creating articles on Wikimedia projects.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
Yes, the participants have all the necessary skills to carry out this project.
Being myself the project leader, across Wikimedia projects I have more than 1000 edits. As for the other volunteers, they have extensive experience in photography and have contributed many times to commons and photo contest such as Wiki Loves Africa 2017. I believe we all meet the needs of the project.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Like Toumodi's article on Wikipedia, many of Côte d'Ivoire's articles lack illustration. Our photo walk will allow the cities of Côte d'Ivoire to appear on Commons. These photos will allow contributors to have images for illustrating or improving their articles related to Côte d'Ivoire.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants 2
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 260
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am the coordinator of the project and I will take care of the accommodation costs during this photo walk.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Expense type||Notes||Quantity||Unit price||Total (FCFA)||Total ( USD)|
|Car rental||Rent the car for taking photos across the three cities during four day||4||100.000||400.000||716.867|
|Camera||Professional camera rental||4||37500||150.000||268.825|
|Fuel||Fuel for the four days||4||60000||240.000||430.120|
|Internet connexion||After the first month dedicated to the photos we will need internet connection during the second month to upload to Commons pictures previously taken||1||70.000||70.000||125.452|
|Food||Food for two people for four days||4||35.000||140.000||250.904|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I support this project. I think it is important that the articles of Côte d'Ivoire are sufficiently improved.Modjou (talk) 16:04, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support I encourage this initiative.Papischou (talk) 22:40, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support This project has my full support, as it should help reduce the deficit of picture illustration in articles about Côte d'Ivoire. Kctzch (talk) 09:12, 27 September 2018 (UTC)