Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Create more content in our local languages.
- Initiate a pilot project and draw lessons for the future.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of edit-a-thons or trainings?
We will do a serie of Wikitonary edit-a-thons.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The community was informed during the last two meetings organized by the staff wiki and will be officially informed by e-mail and call if the grant request of is accepted.
- Our social profiles (Facebook group and page, twitter, etc) will be used to spread information and to invite Wikimedians as well as the general public to participate.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I have experienced editors to lead the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The participants have the necessary capabilities to participate in the edit-athons but, unfortunately, they have not all the necessary equipment. It is in this sense that I'm doing a grant application. Participants will be able to contribute effectively with the human resources and materials requested in this Grant.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- A dashboard will be set up to track their contributions remotely and to encourage them to continue contributing.
- The participants will also subscribe to a newsletter dedicated to participants of the upcoming Wiktionary edit-a-thons. They will also be invited to join our profiles and social groups: Facebook, twitter, etc.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Yes, we find almost nothing on Wiktionary about the local languages of Côte d'Ivoire. My project on Wiktionary will consist in creating articles on one of our local languages (Baoulé) which is the second most spoken local language in our country. I will pilot this project with the help of an assistant for a good efficiency.
It is important to note that this is a pilot project so the goals is several-folded. Familiarizing contributors with Wiktionary, starting Wiktionary, editing contribution with a local language, and creating enough interest to reach languages other than Baoulé.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 3
- Number of participants : 15
- Number of articles created or improved : 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) : 10
|Expense type||Notes||Quantity||Unit price||Total (FCFA)||Total ( USD)|
|Communication - Marketing|
|Tee-shirt||Print tee-shirt||5||15 000||75 000||140.46|
|Printed documents set||Working Document (Batch of paper on which we will support us to write articles)||15||3 000||45 000||84.26|
|Foods||For 3 sessions and for 15 participants||3||80 000||240 000||449.45|
|Travel / Equipment / Human ressources coordination|
|Telephone credit for coordination||Telephone credit allowance will be used by the project coordinator for calling trainers, participants while preparing the sessions||2||10 000||20 000||37.46|
|Transport allowance||Transport allowance for the participants of Wiktionnary edit-athon( 5000*13 participants* 3 sessions)||3||65 000||195 000||365.18|
|Transport allowance for trainers||Transport allowance for trainers||3||20 000||60 000||112.37|
|Transport allowance for coordination||Transport allowance for the project's assistance||3||15 000||45 000||84.26|
|Transport allowance for photographer||Transport allowance for photographer||3||10 000||30 000||56.19|
|Internet connexion||Internet connexion fees for the training room (two monthly subscriptions * 2 wireless devices we already own)||4||70 000||280 000||524.36|
|Multi-socket||Surge protector multi-socket||3||25 000||75 000||140.46|
|TOTAL||1 065 000||1 994,43|
- "Côte d’Ivoire : Savez-vous les 5 langues les plus parlées du pays ?". Cotedivoire News (in fr-FR). 2017-12-17. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I support this great project. Ivcom (talk) 17:50, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- This project is very important, I support. Aman ADO (talk) 18:44, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- This project is an approach to address the low literacy rate of the population in our country. Kctzch (talk) 08:29, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- This project is very important, I support. Emmanuel Dabo (talk) 20:20, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support Content in local languages is an aspect we haven't deeply explored yet. Starting with Wiktionary is a great idea! African Hope (talk) 20:12, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
- Because of his originality. It's a first we will work on this project in a local language. So i think it can a pilot for another initiative Papischou (talk) 16:29, 9 May 2018 (UTC)