Grants:Project/Rapid/Meeting awards and photo exposition opening WLM Perú 2016
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Socialize with community members
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
- Call to firsth wikimedian user group meeting in Perú and new potential members.
- mount an itinerant photo exposition with the best 10 WLMPerú photos and the 10 WLMWolrd photos.
- Reward the best 10 photos and the top 10 contributors in the WLMPerú competition.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
This meeting will be the first "face to face" meeting for our Wikiedian User Group of Perú. It will serve to strengthen the links of the community from the action, organizing a concrete activity. At the same time the award ceremony of the participants of the contest WLMPerú 2016 and the opening of public exhibition of their work allow us to have a public activity with which we hope to draw attention of the media and cultural and education institutions and people who work about cultural heritage in Peru and show them than Wikipedia offers possibilities for dissemination and use. We also wish that this meeting will serve us as a starting point to achieve regular meetings that allow us to develop our potential projects in the better way.
2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
It is the first time that WLM is organized in Peru, formerly a editaton on women writers was held in Peru, one of the organizers of the jury is Peru WLM. We want to this meeting will serve as a starting point for future meetings. We have previously made a fotocaminata to collect photos of prehispanic monuments in Lima and Callao, this activity helped us to generate links with professional photographers and cultural workers who work on the topic of cultural heritage.
3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
It is part of the WLM Peru process. We will announce the activity on our facebook and twitter profiles and through user profiles of each participant. Also we invite the authorities of the Ministry of Culture and the ministry officials that are part of the jury. The award ceremony and exhibition would be held in the archaeological complex Mateo Salado. All will be announced in press releases.
4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
We will follow-up on our mailing list and social media networks. Also, we present some projects for future activities in which guests can get directly involved. We have an editaton about pre hispanic heritage in Lima and Callao.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
In Perú some wikimedians was organize some activities. However, with better planning and more resources, we hope to provide regular training, editing, and social activities to support our growing communities. Regular events will help build a sense of community and meet the needs of our more experienced editors. We have done one successful photowalk in the past. And we fund it by ourselves.
6. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
We will focus on photo exposition about national monuments that were photographed during the Wiki Loves Monuments contest that ended this month. This content is important to our community because we have more or less 10% of national monuments in our country have Wikipedia articles about them. We have 1514 photos in this edition. We hope have a better impact the next year
7. How will you let people know about the contest?
We will invite Wiki Loves Monuments participants to join the activitie by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest and exposition to our contacts. We will also use geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
8. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Our jury consists of 5 people related to art and culture in Lima - Peru, we are using Montage to define the winners. We expect to deliver the awards at the opening ceremony of the photo exhibition. Prizes will be a T-shirt for each of the 10 winners and a print of one of his photographs to the top ten contributors also deliver a print of your photograph. Delivery will be at a public event or by mail for those unable to attend.
9. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects? This ativitie will show a potencial of wikipedia and wikimedia to share cultural resources for education and sensibilization about cultural heritage. This contest will help make sure that images from WLM get used in articles.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the following measures of
success and feel free to add more:
- Number of total participants in this activitie: 60
- Number of events: 3
- Number of people who will help organize meetings: 3
- How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the measures of success below and feel free to add more:
- Photographic record of at least 3 exhibitions in public places, arts education and school or university galleries.
- Registration of at least 100 people in each exposure (guestbook)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Txolo: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, check scores, jury coordinator, and community manager on our twitter and facebook acounts.
Ovruni: Contest organizer, will create lists of redlinks, contest promotion. Acitivitie will be held in december 2016. We hope incorporate 2 wikimedians new user, at least, to our team. We can typically meet in a space for free -- either a local library, non-profit, communal working space, or cafe.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Food & beverage = $4 x 60 people = 240 USD
- Bus/train tickets to reimburse participants for travel to/from meeting (if needed) = $5 x 10 people = $50
- Contingency funds = $100
- 40 photos impression. 20 for exposition 20 for awards (10 top ten and 10 top contributors
55 x 16 = 880
- 20 t-shirts. 10 for top ten photos contest, 5 for jury 5 for WLM and WUGP team.
20 units x 16 USD = 320
- Total: 1,590 USD