Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To Celebrate Wikidata's Sixth Birthday
- To spread awareness about Wikidata in Ghana
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Socialize with Wikidata contributors and Wikimedia movement community members
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- To join the global Wikimedia community celebrate Wikidata's sixth birthday as a means to create awareness about the project in Ghana.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- An RSVP Of the meeting will be posted on Facebook and the mailing-list of the community of Wikimedia contributors in Ghana.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- A Wikidata group on WhatsApp would be created to continue to engage participants of the meeting.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 20
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 4
|Item||Details||Unit Ghc||Quantity||Total Ghc|
|Venue space||20-person capacity room at the iSpace Foundation||600||1||600|
|Refreshment||For 20 total participants||20||20||400|
|Water||Water for 20 total participants||2.5||20||50|
|T-Shirts||Three (3) T-Shirts have already arrived from WMDE to support the event. According to our plan, 7 more T-Shirts are required; 2 extra T-Shirts for two more volunteers, and 5 T-Shirts for winners of the Short Edit Challenge.||25||7||175|
|Backup Internet||This would be used for the short sessions on
|Transportation||Transportation for 5 total volunteers, including to-and-from the venue and pick-up of cake, refreshment, and T-Shirts prices||50||6||300|
- I support this project that is part of the broad Sixth Birthday of Wikidata around the world initiative and will help raising the awareness of Wikidata in Ghana. Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk) 08:52, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support. This project will help recruit new contributors to Wikidata.Shahadusadik (talk) 10:45, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support. Much awareness hasn't been created about Wikidata in Ghana and hence I think this project is a good step to achieving that. Celestinesucess (talk) 09:44, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- This is an interesting project, wikidata definitely needs more attention, I can't wait to take part in the edit challenge .TereseB (talk) 09:07, 21 October 2018 (UTC)