Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase wikidata's participation
- Recruit new editors
- Teach new volunteers how to edit
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of edit-a-thon and training for participants
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have informed the WUGN community on the discussion page
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- Participants will know about the edit-a-thon through Social media channels.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes, Favourdare, OTim75 and James Moore200
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, participants have smartphones and laptops to participate actively in the training.
- Internet subscription will be provided at the venue for the participants at the training.
- Experienced Wikimedians will be available to guide the prospective participants where needed.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be onboarded to either Telegram or WhatsApp to engage/mentor participants on issues related to content created during the event and also share slides used in the event with them.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events= 4
- Number of participants= 30
- Number of new editors= 20
- Number of items to created or improved= 200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Major Lyte (Team lead and Project Cordinator) - He is an experienced Wikipedian and have coordinated Wikidata For Tourism in Nigeria and Wikidata of Media Personalities in Nigeria.
- James Popoola Coordinated, Wiki Loves Africa and SDGs at Kwara in 2021. Co-organised, WikiForHumanRights Nigeria and WPWP Campaign at Kwara for 2021. He also coordinated, Photographs at Model Ecowas Summit in 2021 in Abuja, Nigeria. Co-facilitator.
- OTim75 an experienced Wikimedia Editor and Facilitator. Co-organiser, Wikidata of Media Personalities in Nigeria. He is an award winning editor, who has won different contests within the Nigerian commission. He will also be facilitating.
- Favour Dare is an experienced Wikimedia Editor and Facilitator. Co-organiser, Wikidata For Tourism in Nigeria. He will be handling communications.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Internet Subscription for participants- $600
- Internet Subscription for team members- $250
- Zoom hosting and Subscription- $60
- Social Media Promotion- $100
- Gift Vouchers- $250
- Administrative charge (Airtime for Communication, Delivery of Prizes, etc)- $175
- Bank Charges- $45
- Contingency- $60
Total= 1540 USD; 585,200 NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!