Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve contents
- Create awareness on Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will be doing a series of editathons and trainings
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We will invite UniStu Love Wiki participants (from previous programs) to join the program by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest to our mailing list which includes anyone who has RSVP'd or attended UniStu Love Wiki event in the past. We will also use geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on our Facebook page, moreover we will use the Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania meta page to notify the Wikimedia Community Members.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will post on different social media and on the meta page. We will communicate with participants via: Social media, Mailing lists, Online gathering (zoom), posters.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes we have experienced editors who will help in leading the event: #AUser:Olimasy User:Magotech User:CaliBen User:Idd ninga
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will have many participants who have participated in the last three events so many have the skills to edit, however we are expecting to have new editors, due to this we will provide training and support to all the participants before, while and after the events.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will be conducting online meetings each week and setting goals for each participant weekly. This will help all the participants to be active always.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes we will be running 4 in-person events and 6 online events. However, all the in-person events will be broadcasted live for those who will not be able to attend the in-person event. Please find the USLW Dec21 Risk Assessment here.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Proposed brief schedule:
In-person Event 1
- Introduction to Wikipedia.
- The boon and bane of the Wikipedia on education.
- The phenomenon and roles of Wikipedia in developing educational systems.
- Introduction to editing Wikipedia
In-person Event 2
- Training on Wikipedia editing.
- Article list will be available via this link. The list is still being developed and articles are being added.
All Online Events
- Training and providing more assistance to the new editors
- Providing support
- Making followup on the new editors' progress
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 7 (3 In-Person and 4 Online)
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of new editors: 35
- Number of of articles created or improved: at-least 250
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Magoiga Mtatiro: Project Lead/facilitator & trainer
- Ebenezer Mlay: In-Person training coordinator
- Iddy Ninga: Online Training Coordinator.
- Otto: Logistics coordinator
- Sylvester Johnbosco: Communications coordinator.
- Magoiga Mtatiro: Project Lead/facilitator & trainer
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Foods & Drinks: 8USD X 3(events) X 40(participants) = 960USD
- Venue: 150USD X 3(Events) = 450USD
- Transport for facilitators: 100USD X 3(Events) X 4(facilitators) = 1,200USD
- Accommodation fir facilitators: 50USD X 3(Events) X 4(Facilitators) = 600USD
- Internet Support: 150USD
- Transport reimbursement for participants: 40 (Participants) X 5USD X 3(Events) = 600USD
- Zoom Subscription: 14.99USD
- Branding(Stickers, flyers, Banner e.t.c): 200USD
- Laptop rental: 6(Laptops) X 17USD = 102USD
- Baby Sitters: 2(baby sitters) X 75USD = 150USD
- Logistics and Emergency: 100USD
- Covid-19 Precaution Materials (i.e Sanitizers and Masks): 100USD
- Bank Rates: 50USD
- TOTAL REQUESTED AMOUNT: 4,676.99 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!