Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
- To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons
- To recruit professional photographers for Wikimedia Commons
- To improve contents on English Wikipedia, and Hausa Wikipedia,
- To bring awareness about Wikimedia commons and Wikimedia projects
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- I will organise a seven days walks with four people on each. And two days of Edit-a-thon after seven days walks.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The walks will focused on monuments, buildings and historical sites. These places are included:
- Surame Cultural Landscape
- The Sultan Of Sokoto Palace
- Tomb of Usman Dan Fodio (a visited place to some Muslims)
- Waziri Junaidu History and Culture Museum
- Sokoto Museum
- Usman Danfodiyo University
- Sultan Abubakar III International Airport
- Shehu Kangiwa Square
- National Gallery of arts Sokoto
- Usman Faruk SECRETARIAT, Sokoto
- federal government college Sokoto.
- federal high court Sokoto
- Federal girls government college Tambuwal
- NYSC permanent orientation camp Sokoto
- Dams such as Goronyo Dam and Jibia Dam
And other tourist attractions areas like Notable roads, Mosques, Markets, and other buildings.
- This topic is very important and useful for Wikimedia projects, because Sokoto is a city with a rich history in Nigeria and a diverse population.
- Never before in the history of Sokoto State.
- And the reason why I see the importance of this project again is:
-In Wikipedia and many Wikimedia projects there's no quality images related to Sokoto.
-and there are no editors from Sokoto
-and there are professional photographers in Sokoto and Yakamata should know how to upload quality photos in Commons and editing in Wikimedia from Sokoto state.
-and building Wikimedia projects in Sokoto state.
3. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have notified the Wikimedia Community via the discussion page of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria, Hausa Wikimedians User Group Discussion page and Hausa Wikipedia Discussion page, Main WhatsApp Group and Telegram.
4. How will you let participants know about the photowalk? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
This project does not require communicating with so much number of participants, therefore I can communicate with the other participant on phone call, SMS, and even messaging Apps like WhatsApp. For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
5. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We will organise a two days Edit-a-thons, first day is the Uploading pictures day which me and Participants we will upload all the quality pictures on Commons. The second day of Edit-a-thon we will list some suggested related articles on Wikipedia and Wikidata which we will add images on them.
6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- I will rent Canon Camera for me and one of the participant is already photographer, he have his own Camera and he will teach other participants the skills of taking photos. We have the laptops for images upload.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Yes, in this project we will take pictures of Sokoto areas and upload to Commons. It also improve Sokoto state related English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa Wikipedia Articles and Wikidata Items and other Wikipedia's language.
8. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants - 40
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons -200
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects -75%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I M Bash Ne will lead the event with the help of these Facilitators:
- Em-mustapha -Is a experience Wikimedian, and old editor, he has organized several projects and he's a Co-founder of Hausa Wikimedians User Group.
- Yusuf Sa'adu - He's a final year student, he's studying Hausa-English, he's also experience Wikimedia and he have Facilitated in many of Wikimedia Projects
- Gwanki - Is a experience Wikimedian, he has organized several projects and he's Hausa Wikipedia administrator
- Hamza DK - Electrical Engineer graduate, a professional Photographer and active editor of Hausa Wikipedia.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation of organizer and 4 facilitators- 2, 12,000 ×5=60,000 this for organizer and facilitators transportation from their place to Sokoto Town
- Transportation- 3000×5×7trips=105,000 this for trips transportation
- Food and Refreshments- 3000×5×7days=105,000 this for organizer and facilitators
- Accommodation for Organizer and Facilitators- 12,000×5×9days=540,000 this for hotel for organizer and 4 Facilitators
- Branded T-shirts- 5000×10=50,000 this for Facilitators and the Best New Participants
- Communication- 50,000 this for communications between Organizer, facilitators and Participants
- Rent Canon Camera- 20,000×7trips=140,000 I will rent Canon Camera for me
After Seven days trips
Two Days Event
- Hall- 2, 100,000×2=200,000 this for Training Space to do Edit-a-thon (Uploading pictures on Commons) with Participants
- Food and Refreshments- 3000×40×2=240,000
- Data Subscription- 50,000×2=100,000 this for all events
- Projector rent- 2days=50,000
- Reimbursement of Participants- 2000×40=80,000
- Flyer and Tags- 50,000
- Certificate- 1000×40=40,000
- Contingency- 30,000
TOTAL REQUEST USD=4,151.855
TOTAL REQUEST NGN=1,735,000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Hamza DK (talk) Nine days will be enough to cover everything.we will have enough time to tour in sokoto and the history of the state will be improved by adding the pictures of the important places.
- So far as I understand, the project is meant to improve the visual representation of the Sokoto, a Nigerian state, traditional emirate and city. Since it's one of the oldest settlements in the northwest region of the country, it's expected that more historic sites can be found and can be documented on the Wikimedia commons. I therefore support it. Musaddam Idriss (talk) 08:48, 11 June 2022 (UTC)
- sokoto is a cultural and historical state, and this project will help to improve many articles. I support the project.