Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on utilising the photos in commons to Wikipedia pages without images specially Hausa and English Wikipedia in other to promote and improve the quality of articles and also improve skills of our community volunteer editors.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will inform them by sending and sharing information about the contest in our various community platforms on social media, like; WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will make use of the WMFlabs tools such as edit summary search. and https://hashtags.wmflabs.org/  to search for participant's claim entries, that's why we will encourage them to include in their edit summaries #WPWP.
- Participants must be a registered user,
- Files added must relate to the article and the section in which it is added.
- Images must come from the category provided by the international contest Resources
- Winners must have or accumulated the highest number of files addition.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- The strategy behind this is to utilize the thousands of quality files in Commons to be use in Wikipedia pages and the attention will be based on this Category of files provided by the international contest.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This contest will provide an opportunity for our community growth and development as it will bring together existing and new editors together.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants 20
- Number of recruit editors 5
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 500
- Number of Wikimedia pages created or improve with photos 200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- M-Mustapha Project coordinator, will facilitate the online trainings and juror
- Ammarpad Online trainer and juror
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item Description||Number of Events||Total NGN||Total USD|
|Internet subscription (For a series of online training to community members participating during the project and post-project follow-up activities etc)||(Trainings and Social media campaign)||135,450||350|
|Graphics Design of digital fliers for online social media campaign, adverts and logistics.||85,140||220|
|Prizes for five top contributors as winners (5 top contributors would be awarded with prizes that may serve as motivation)||147,060||380|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support this project will surely improve Hausa and English Wikipedia.----AnasskokoTalk 09:54, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support, This project is more important for Hausa Wikimedia projects. It will help for improving Hausa and English wikimedia articles. = Abubakar A Gwanki (talk) 21:29, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support This project will be very vital to hausa Wikipedia and English Wikipedia, this because picture will show genuine the validity and reality of a story. Many people consider pictures as facts. As the saying *pictures speaks louder than words'.Musa Vacho77 (talk) 12:46, 18 June 2020 (UTC)