Grants:Project/Rapid/Louvain Coopération/Wiki 4 Coop
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
As an original project grant was not eligible for dead line submission reason, this rapid grant could permit to start activities until the next round proposal. The activity project on Louvain coopération NGO (L.C. NGO) already started and should be sported by Wikimedia Foundation or suspended until possible acceptance of the project grant.
Digitalization became a warm topic in Belgian Cooperation sphere :
- Official magazine of Belgian Cooperation
- Official website of Belgian Cooperation
- Official website of the European Union
With this rapid grant, we hope starting soon as possible a first collaboration between Wikimedia Mouvement and a Belgian NGO as concrete example for lobbying in Belgian Cooperation sphere.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
From 1st July to 1st December (day of secound round project grantees notification) this rapid grant will cover the cost of one hours each 106 working days (source).
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- WMB mailing list.
- Messages on village pump projects.
- Messages on user group pages (WikiMed, WikiJournal, etc).
- In prevision : [[Project:Wiki 4 Coop]] on English and French wikipedia and wikiversity project.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- Contacting documents honers for CC.BY.SA 4.0 validation
- Uploading L. C. NGO files and knowledge on Wikimedia commons.
- Creating and improving courses on French Wikiversity projects with L.C. NGO contain.
- Creating and improving articles on French Wikipedia
- Forming L.C. NGO staff and volunteers to use wikimedia projects and upload file on Wikimedia commons.
- Creating and maintaining [[Project:Wiki 4 Coop]] pages on adequate French and English Wikimedia projects to involve communities and potential volunteers on Wiki 4 Coop project.
- Lobbying in Belgium Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for development cooperation Alexander De Croo concerning D4D program to involve Belgian cooperation stakeholders in Wikimedia movement.
- Ending grant report and evaluation.
- Supervising the next round Wiki 4 Coop grant submission.
- The user account user:Louvain Coopération already exist to be use for indexing files uploaded on Wikimedia commons.
- The users participation will be estimated by using magic button on user:Louvain Coopération page a list of users implicated on the project will be updated.
- Louvain Coopération NGO have the fix IP address 220.127.116.11 witch could be use as user account for non logged actions on Wikimedia projects.
- Categories pages will be created linked to project activities.
- Templates containing categories will be created for listing volunteers adhesion.
- Reports of activities and eventual press coverage.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Total participants : 12
- Number of articles created :
- 5 on Wikipedia
- 5 on Wikivesity
- Number of articles improved :
- 5 on Wikipedia
- 5 on Wikivesity
- Number of files uploaded to Wikimedia Commons :
- Photos : 100
- Vidéos : 30 (professional medical contain)
- Pdf : 10
- Number of files used on Wikimedia projects:
- Photos : 30
- Video : 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The project will be hosted by the L.C. NGO witch provide all equipment and facilities.
- Half part of the real cost of the project will be in charge of the NGO.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Half part of wage for one working hour per day during the project's period.