Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add and improve content
- Raise awareness and representation of the contributions of women in film and allied professions and industries.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are hosting an editathon, which will include training based on Art+Feminism's training materials.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The editathon is registered on the Wikipedia Outreach Dashboard and Ar+Feminism. We have also made a Facebook event.
- Event announcements have been made in the Wikipedia Los Angeles Facebook group, through the Los Angeles Archivists Collective listserv, and the LA as Subject Listserv. LACMA and East of Borneo are paying for Facebook promotion of the event and supporting it through their other social media accounts.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we will have at least two experienced Wikipedians present, StaceyEOB and Anotherarchivist, but several more have RSVPed and committed to attend.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have instructed editors to bring their own laptops, there is excellent WiFi in the library where the event takes place, abundant available outlets, and library collections (including electronic resources) will be available for participant use. Library reference staff will also be present to assist in located materials and using online databases.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participants will be on the notification list for future Unforgetting LA editathon events organized by East of Borneo.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Our event will begin with a panel discussion among women working in film and film programming moderated by LACMA associate curator of film programs Dilcia Berrera.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 75
- Number of new editors: 50
- Number of of articles created or improved: 75
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have an experienced Wikipedian leading training in addition to Wikipedians attending the event who can lend one on one support, two LACMA staff organizing event logistics, and library staff providing reference support. Facilities (including the editathon location, auditorium for a panel discussion), wifi, and refreshments are being provided by LACMA.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Childcare = One LACMA education staff member for 5 hours = $150
- Speaker Honorarium = $100 x 2 panel members = $200
Total = $350 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!