Grants:Project/Rapid/Krishna Chaitanya Velaga/WLM India 2017 Vijayawada Photo-walk
Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content: Yes, to improve the image count of the monuments in and around Vijayawada
- Engage existing editors: Yes, editors will have exposure to WLM and Wikimedia Commons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- This photo-walk includes one tour of the Vijayawada city for one full i.e. starting from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The resource person(s) from VIVA-VVIT Edit-a-thon Suyash Dwivedi, Yohann Thomas, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga and 1–2 other editors will take part in this photo-walk. The places to be visited are Prakasham Barrage, Undavalli caves, Rajiv Gandhi Park, Gandhi Hill, Victoria Jubilee Museum, and Bhavani Island.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- As this a photo-walk conducted as a part of Wiki Loves Monuments in India, the our focus is mainly towards the monuments of Vijayawada city.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- Immediately after the walk, steps will be taken to add the images to respective articles of Wikipedia and also to WikiVoyage. As this is a subsequent event to the Edit-a-thon, participants from that will be instructed to add the images. This will help them to learn and improve their skills.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, we have three confirmed participants as of now. Suyash Dwivedi is the organizer of WLM in India for 2017, and he has also been the part of organizing team for 2016. Yohann Thomas is good photographer who is presently the Secretary of Wikimedia India. Krishna Chaitanya Velaga is also a regular contributor to Wikimedia Commons with several Quality images to his credit, he is also a license reviewer on Commons. And also we have the equipment to conduct this walk. Any other participants will be mentored by these.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is photo-walk is mainly intended to rise the count of the images related to the monuments of Vijayawada, which are much neglected. One more thing is this heavily expenses of the participants as this is subsequently conducted to VIVA-VVIT Edit-a-thon.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 4–5
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 450–600
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 60% of the uploaded photographs
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- All the equipment required to conduct the photo walk is available with us. Krishna Chaitanya Velaga will serve as the organizer for this event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Budget breakdown S.No Expense Amount (INR) 1 Accommodation of participants
(Extension for a day from VIVA-VVIT Edit-a-thon)
8,000 2 Local travel to respective locations 10,000 3 Food for participants 2,500 4 Entry fee(s) for some places 1,000 5 Incidental costs 3,500 Total 25,000 ~ USD 388.857
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!