Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment?
- I'll contribute English Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, and Meta-Wiki (Learning patterns etc.) using the equipment. I have been contributing to English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons since December 2014. Recently, I've also started contributing to Wikidata, and Meta-Wiki as well. However, my limitations are that I am unable to contribute while on move, while I'm out of the town, and also frequently as I go out. So this equipment, I'll be able to access web and whenever, even though there is no net connectivity available by default.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects?
- Apart from my online contributions, I'm also involved in various outreach activities, so I can use this equipment to support them.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community?
- As the device allows multiple connectivity, it can be used during outreach activities such as edit-a-thons, meetups etc.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom?
- The device can be used for one year along with the data pack, and it'll be used by User:Krishna Chaitanya Velaga.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Even though it is quite long, I've set the project duration for 6 months because impact can also be measured after at least a few months.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded: 150
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- Number of articles created/improved: 10
- Number of Wikidata items created/improved: 300
- Number of Outreach activities: 4
- Percentage increase of global contributions (en Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, and Meta-wiki): 150%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have a laptop, that I can use in support of WiFi hostspot.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
S.No Item Cost 1 WiFi Hotspot device ₹2,500 2 Data Pack for one year ₹5,000 3 Flash Drive ₹1,000 Total ₹8,500
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!