Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- 3 Edit a thorns (online)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Whats app and telegram
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Kgosietsile Tefo Mogende
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- No. We will be requesting for this grant to cover all our needs.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will conduct a survey and follow up with emails.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We are planning online events
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 3
- Number of participants: 20
- Number of new editors : 8
- Number of of articles created or improved :30 or more
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hiring laptops = $65 x 10 units = $ 650
- Internet modem = $20 x 20 units = $ 400
- Drinks and snacks = $ 40 x 20 = $ 800 (This covers the entire 3 days)
-motivation for the highest editor/contributions and most active = $140 (certification/branding costs, framing and delivery)
Total = $ 1990
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!