Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high-quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
Through this project, we expect:
- To boost WikiData outreach programmes in Nigeria
- To introduce participants to Wikidata query service (SPARQL).
- To conduct an event where local WikiData and wikipedia editors can network
- To celebrate Wikidata:Eighth_Birthday.
- To increase skills for existing editors
- To recruit new editors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
We will organize a major workshop on Saturday 26th of October 2020 to celebrate Wikidata's birthday which is on 29th October at Lagos, Nigeria. Audience will be from both offline and online as the event will be held at a physical location with partipants not more than 25 & obeying all safety precautions and will also be stream live on Zoom and Facebook. The Invite will be open to the genral public but only a total of 25 will be selected for the physical event while 30(including a facilator) watch from Zoom and as many more can watch from facebook.
|10:00-10:30||Welcome||Greetings, Coffee & Tea|
|10:30-11:00||Presentation||Intro to Wikidata|
|11:00-11:300||Presentation||Intro to SPARQL|
|11:30-12:30||Hands-On||SPARQL & Label Translations|
|13:45-14:30||Presentation||WikiProject every politician|
|14:30-16:00||Hands-On||Edit-a-thon and/or group work|
|16:00-16:40||Closing||Awarding the best contributors, Show & tell, Cake-cutting, Pictures, Goodbyes|
The event page can be found here
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Wikimedia Nigeria whatsapp group
- Wikimedia Nigeria mailing list
- All Wikimedia Nigeria social media channels.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project? At the end of the project, we would have:
- Increased the awareness of Wikidata in Nigeria more.
- Created more items and added more statements to Nigeria content.
- Introduced partipants to how SPARQL works.
- Incresed the skills of existing editors.
- Recruit new editors.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: Atleast 25 at the venue , 25 on Virtual Zoom
- Number of Wikidated items created or improved (if applicable): 1,200
- Number of Wikipedia articles to be linked with these data: 500
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable):
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable):
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify: Project lead
- A resource person from Wikidata Community User Group: Facilator
- Jamie Tubers: Facilator
- Olaniyan Olushola: Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Venue: $236.84
- Wikidata branded T-Shirts(for only the facilators and organizers): $10.52 * 10 = $105.2
- Internet(at the venue) = $81.6
- Internet(Data allowance for virtual participants): $6.5 * 30 = $195
- Food and drinks, Tea & buscuit: $14.47 * 25 = $361.75
- Birthday Cake = $131.57
- Branded Nose Masks (PPE) = 3.95 * 25 = $98.75
- Participant packs (folder, Wrist bands, pen, wikidata cheatsheet, stickers) = 3.15 * 25 = $78.75
- Customized Wikidata Pillow as gift(For the top 3 contributors) = 44.7 * 3 = $134.2
- Video prdocution(As the event will be stream live on zoom & facebook and also for the documentary video for the event) = $394.37
- Local transportation for facilators/organizers = 14.47 * 5 = $72.36
- Miscellaneous(Logistics, Bank charges, Zoom host) = $83.5
Total budget = $1,973.89