Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add images and video to commons
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We are planning one major editathon virtually on October 1st(Nigeria indepednce day) which will focus on recruiting editors, creating and improving articles about Nigeria history.
- Before October 1st, we will be producing series of Video interview/stories with various influential Nigerian personalities on how Wikipedia has contributed to Nigeria history which will will be combine to make one short(10-15 munuites) video.
- The video will be uploaded and promoted on october 1st across various social media channels.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The project will be announced to Wikimedia User Group Nigeria mailing list and various social media channels.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, i personally have the required experience as i have led various editathons around Nigeria and also will be assisted by other experienced editors. I also will lead the social media promotion and video production as i have experience in this.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have the necessary computer devices for the project as that's part of the requirements.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will also set up a Whatsapp group for all participants to talk and share ideas. A mailing list will be created and a support system set up to encourage new recruits. Also we will send a post event questionnaire to get their needs.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is a 3 in 1 project that will focus on edit a thon, video campaign and social media promotion which will further enirch the Nigeria history on Wikimnedia projects and bring more awareness about Wikimedia projects to Nigerians.
- The whole edit a thon will be online via zoom and will be monitor using the dashboard where each user will sign in.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 50
- Number of new editors: 90%
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
- 1If at least one video is produced and uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- If at least 10,000 people viewed the video
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify; Project facilitator and expert in social media promotion.
- Alice Kibombo; facilitator for the editathon.
- Eukoha; media volunteer.
- Olaniyan Olushola; advisor.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: Budget
- video production - $1,000
- Social media promotion, banner designing & internet- $440
- Sovernier for top 10 participants/editors $40 x 10 = $400
- Miscellaneous =$100
Total budget = $1,940
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!