Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add images to commons
- Create a relationship with more Environmental organizations in Nigeria.
- Join the #WikiForHumanRights Campaign 2022 in increasing the visibility to Environmental topics on Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- It will be a 2days edit a thon which will focus on recruiting editors and creating and improving articles about environmental topics and human right activists in Africa.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- This has been done by making a notification on the discussion page of Wikimedia Nigeria Usergroup, will also be announced on the Wikimedia Nigeria Usergroup social media handles and each partnered organization will announce it on their various channels.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I personally have the required experience and will be leading the project with years of experience of leading various edit a thons around Nigeria and will be assisted by other Nigerian experienced editors which include Olaniyan Olushola and also other experienced volunteer editors from our various hubs.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants have the necessary computer devices for the project as that's part of the requirements and I will be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for the editathons.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will also set up a Telegram group for all participants to talk and share ideas. A mailing list will be created and a support system set up to encourage new recruits. Also, we will send a post-event questionnaire to get their needs.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uIzBFVd_M5NNt5npzU-NiKYSUGtA3ylSEuPOwhn9mto/edit?usp=sharing
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Over the last 2 years of the first edit a thin on Black Climate Rights; we have seen massive Nigeria environmental contributions so this proposal is wired to increase skills for the existing editors and also recruit new ones while improving environmental articles couple with solidifying relationships with environmental organizations in Nigeria.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 2
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of new editors: 80%
- Number of articles created or improved: 200
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): since our projects differ, each event is unique with new users.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Kaizenify; Project lead and experienced editor.
- Princess of Ara, Project facilitator
- Event hall to be provided by the partnering organization.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the budget breakdown for the Project:
- Food and drinks, Tea: $12 * 40 * 2days = $960
- Local transport for facilitators travelling: $60.53 * 2 = $121.06
- Accomodation (for Facilitators): $43.5 * 2 * 1 night = $87
- Souvenirs (Jotters, Pens, Wrist bands, Stickers) for participants: $9.6 * 40 = $384
- Branded shirts(for 4 volunteers and 3 best participants: 11.70 * 6 = $81.9
- Socia media promotion and Photography coverage = $285
- Internet subscription (during and after events ) = $230
- Certificate of participation = 3.25 * 40 = $130
- Miscellaneous(Logistics, Bank charges, Disposable masks) = $45.23
Total budget = $2,326.79
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!