Please see the sample Equipment application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal. For example, if you want to add content on a specific subject.
- Add or improve content related to Africa
- Engage existing Ivorian editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content gaps will you be filling with the equipment? This equipment will help us to produce contents, informative documents and media related to African Women, Music and Dance.
2. What activities will you organize in the next 6 months to create content and use it on Wikimedia projects? We will organize 1 semi-editathon per week, and 3 photo-walks during the next Wiki Loves Africa contest. These activities are funded separately.
3. How will the equipment be shared/tracked/cared for by members of your community? The equipment monitoring will be carried out by the General Secretary and the Chairperson using a record-keeping sheet. The two computers will be made available to Wikimedians who have no computer during editathons. The camera will be handled to the shooting operations organized by Wikimedians and professional photographers. Members of the User Group will be able to use it during activities related to the User Group missions. To that purpose, a formal request, which includes the objectives aimed and the operating period, will be required from the member. The equipment will be kept at the Headquarter of the User Group, in Abidjan.
4. How long will the equipment be used, and by whom? We expect the camera equipment to be used for at least the next 5 years by members of the User Group. 2 years for the computers.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of photos uploaded: 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100
- Number of articles created/improved: 50
- Number of new regular contributors: 5
- Number of new local contributors with + 50 edits: 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
The User Group gathers, among its members, 3 professional photographers. The photographers will be responsible for the shooting operations and the training of the other members. Most of the members know how to use a computer. Some of them work in the digital sector. The User Group has its Headquater in Abidjan, which already shelter all its equipment.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 2 Laptops - Core i3 processor - 4Go RAM - 500Go ROM: $762
- 1 Camera Nikkon L840: $229
- Total: $991
members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Ce matériel relèvera les capacités du User Group de Côte d'Ivoire. Papischou (talk) 15:52, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- This equipment will increase the impact of actions on the ground. Not only in terms of contents created or expanded, but also in terms of pictures and new editors. African Hope (talk) 10:14, 15 October 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, i support this project because of it impact in our community. We need it in order to help us to do more. 22.214.171.124 12:39, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- We need suitable equipment in order to have quality contribution. Eltia Aimée
- L’acquisition de ce matériel permettra d'asseoir une meilleure coordination de nos activités. User:Neverdie225
- Yes, this can really boost the job of the User Group.--Zenman (talk) 00:42, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Compte tenu du nombre de plus en plus important de volontaires dans le user group, l'acquisition du matériel de travail nous rendra encore plus efficace et nous motivera davantage au travail. Yasield (talk) 08:53, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, this equipment will contribute greatly to ameliorate the work of the User Group.--Manouka (talk) 11:06, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, I support this project. It will help the Community User to work more efficiently. Mr2KM (talk) 15:40, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Ces matériels permettront d'améliorer davantage la qualité de travail du User Group de Côte d'Ivoire. Mouahé (talk) 16:00, 21 October 2016 (UTC)