Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Socialize with community members
- Organize a community project
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Creation of Article on Wikipedia
- Making a few uploads to Wikicommons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- As a result of having a successful shepedia project last year we have decided to push this project a bit higher this year because some ladies or women saw our broadcast on various social media and they called to find out whether there is going to be another capacity building and training session/exercise.
- So this year we are looking forward in doing much edits and also grow the community for ladies editors by increasing the number of females contributors who edit on wikipedia and it's sister project.
- This year our partnerships with various organized bodies remains the same, also we are welcoming new partnership within the space of the project that will enable us have more ladies trained and make a difference using wiki tools for education and many more.
- Girls Education Initiative of Ghana
- University of Professional Studies (UPSA)
- Open Foundation West Africa (OFWA)
- Takoradi Hive
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- The community would know about the project through social media and also e-mails.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project we would be satisfied by the kind of impact my team and i will make personally.
- We would follow up through mails, survey and contact with volunteers, participant and persons of interest
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants - About 30.
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) - About 20.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) - About 5 or more.
- Number of events - 4
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Jesse will be the project lead.
- Leonard Hagan would be technical lead and key photographer.
- Community Support (OFWA), they would aid us with the community camera, physical space to host event and other supports
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Transportation for 2 = GHC 500
- Accommodation for 2 = GHC 500
- Food for the meet up = GHC 1000
- Internet for the meet up = GHC 400
- Space Rental = GHC 300
- Miscellaneous = GHC 400
- Grand Total = GHC 3,100