Grants:Project/Rapid/Irvin Stotomas/Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in the Philippines
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To engage new and existing contributors of the community
- To add freely licensed and quality images of built heritage of the Philippines to Wikimedia Commons
- To spread awareness about contributing media contents to Wikipedia and its sister projects
- To create partnership with organizations and institutions promoting the preservation of built heritage in the Philippines
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will focus on quality images of built heritage in the Philippines, which will be contributed to Wikimedia Commons. The competition is important because it will help raise the awareness about Wikimedia Commons and Wikipedia in the Philippines.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- Village pumps (English Wikipedia, Sinugbuanong Binisaya Wikipedia, Tagalog Wikipedia among others)
- Social media promotion
- Press releases
- Community outreach activities
- Word of mouth
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a jury composed of people from the Wikimedia community and professional photographers. Prizes will be in term of money and a trophy. The jury will determine the winners of the local contest taking into the consideration the following criteria:
- Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective etc.);
- Originality and creativity;
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will utilize those uploaded resources in Wikimedia projects by communicating to contributors through e-mail or talk page.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 200
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 200
- 1 USD = 53.0354 PHP as of 1 August 2018 https://www.oanda.com
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (PHP)||Total (PHP)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|1||Community outreach activities||3||PHP 10,000.00||PHP 30,000.00||USD 565.66||Photography walks/expeditions to engage past and new volunteers, and photographers in at least 3 locations. Cost may include travel and accommodation for the team for activities outside Camarines Sur.|
|2||Social media promotion||1||PHP 2,000.00||PHP 2,000.00||USD 37.71||Sponsored posts to reach wider audience|
|3||Awards||4||varies||PHP 37,578.00||USD 708.55||1st prize: GoPro HERO6 Black (1 year warranty)PHP 20,900.00 (USD 394.08)|
2nd prize: Canon Selphy CP1200 Wireless Color Portable Photo Printer with RP-54 PHP 7,480.00 (USD 141.04)
3rd prize: Toshiba Canvio Advance (new) 2TB (Black) USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive PHP 4,599.00 (USD 86.72)
Special prize for the most number of quality photos: Toshiba Canvio Advance (new) 2TB (Black) USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive PHP 4,599.00 (USD 86.72)
|4||Trophies||3||PHP 2,000.00||PHP 6,000.00||USD 113.13||Customized trophies|
|5||Supplies||PHP 5,000.00||USD 94.28||Streamers and leaflets|
|6||Awarding ceremony||1||PHP 10,000.00||PHP 10,000.00||USD 188.55||Venue and foods for the attendees (20 pax)|
|7||Contingency cost||PHP 15,500.00||USD 292.26||Logistical expenses for organizing and meetings, shipping fee for certificates and trophy delivery, and unexpected expenses|
|Total: PHP 106,078.00 (USD 2,000)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Because it is the big help to promote Philippine heritages site ShiminUfesoj 14:39, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support WLM 2018 in the Philippines is an excellent opportunity to capture undocumented monuments. FroyAgta (talk) 09:07, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support The Philippines has a great history, and behind these are different stories which carved on remained structures and other monuments made by local people. I support this action to capture not only the monument itself but the story behind this. MarvinBikolano (talk) 09:47, 1 August 2018 (UTC)