Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Project Goal Edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
Project Plan Edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
Wiki Loves Monuments is a global competition.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
In coordination with Wikimedia Serbia, we had appropriate media campaign. Community of Wikipedia in Serbian has been informed. Announcement on the Wiki Loves Monuments Serbia site: http://wlm.rs/
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Jury has been organized. It used Wiki Loves Jurytool (https://github.com/pixelhaufen/Wiki-Loves-Jurytool) on the site http://wlm.interglider.org/
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
It's about the photos of the most important Serbian monuments. Proper categorization of the images on Commons should be enough for their usage.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This is (a kind of) post hoc request for grant. We thought we would have been able to find resources outside of WMF, but we didn't achieve that.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: few hundred
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 2083 up to the September 30th.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: Outside of Wikimedia Commons, we suppose few hundreds of photos would eventually find their place inside of the appropriate articles (as lead photos, photos inside of the articles bodies or inside of the article galleries).
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have web infrastructure:
- Organization of the competition, including selecting the jury (Milan Popadic, professor on the Faculty for Art History of Belgrade University; Neda Kovacevic, writer and photographer; Igor Ril, editor of National Geographic for Serbia), as well as communication with the community.
- In coordination with Wikimedia Serbia, space for the exhibition, which should happen on January 15th.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- The third prize: $100
- The second prize: $200
- The first prize: $400
- Catering for the exhibition: $100
- Printing photographs: $400
- Sum: $1300
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!