Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
1. A good number of quality media contents (images, videos and pdfs) will be added to Wikimedia Commons which will be used at Bangla, English & Simple English Wikipedia in the "Notre Dame College, Dhaka" and "Holy Cross mission in Bangladesh" related articles.
2. Besides this project will also bear the messages of Wikimedia Movement to the related institutions, organizations and individuals. Most of them didn't even hear about Wikimedia Movement before.
3. This project will be an opportunity of an "on-the-job" training for a specialized team of students that can respond to any project aiming at spreading the Wikimedia Movement among the students of Bangladesh. We have intentions to deploy this team to start Wiki Education program in Bangladesh in the upcoming days.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- We'll spend the first 3 days arranging some online training sessions for the team members where we'll give them the basic ideas of editing Wikipedia; we'll allocate specific portions of those sessions for discussing "WPːNotability", "Commons:Project scope" and "Wikipedia:Vandalism". We'll also go through the related articles to find out which sort of images are actually lacking in these articles. We'll spend the next few days in the libraries of Notre Dame College and Notre Dame University Bangladesh and will try to find books and documents related to our topic. Then we'll make a list and approach different institutions, organizations and individuals who may have the required images and media(both historical and current). The list will be prepared after our study and may include "Notre Dame College, Dhaka", "Notre Dame University, Bangladesh", "Caritas, Bangladesh", "Provincial House of the Holy Cross fathers, Dhaka". We'll tell them about Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and the overall Wikimedia movement; we'll tell them our needs and request them to give us permission to publish related media files if they have any under their legal ownership. We'll also use our own DSLR cameras, drones, laptops and other equipment to create new media files which are currently needed in the related articles.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We've brief plans after this project. We'll recruit new editors on bnwiki, enwiki and simple English Wikipedia to ensure the best use of these media files. We'll also use the specialized team in the upcoming projects.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We will follow the COVID-19 safety protocols completely and not more than 4 persons will be present at the same place for this project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants more than 20
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) More than 200 in three Wikis.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) more than 100
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) more than 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have our own DSLR cameras, laptops, scanners, printers, drones and almost all the necessary electronic equipment. We've divided our team into some wings in a planned way. (We'll observe closely whether our planning is working perfectly or needs to be changed in the future and act accordingly)
1. Editorial wingː This wing is responsible for the titles, captions and details of every image we collect. They'll ensure the best use of the images in different language wikis after the projects. They will work completely online. User:Your Poltergeist O3 will be in charge of this wing.
2. Planning & Documentation wingː This wing will store all our works, make & evaluate plans, communicate with the respective institution or organizations where need. They'll also keep active communication with the local community and related Wikipedia communities. They'll also work online. I, personally will take care of this wing but as I'll have to handle the whole project, User:Srejan Debnath will be in charge of this wing officially.
3. Photography & Graphics wingː This wing has its own DSLR cameras and drones. They'll have to work physically for two or three days.
4. Operations wingː This wing is responsible for managing every physical and online activities of the team. They'll get organizational support from the local Wikipedia community & Notre Dame English Club's core workforce. User:Saadiqnafis will be in charge of this wing.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Conveyance - 25 USD (4 students, 10 - 15 days, 3-7 hours daily)
- Food - 25 USD (4 students, 10 - 15 days, 3-7 hours daily)
- Others - 25 USD (May include stationery expenses, tips for the helping individuals in some places, drone permission fees from the civil aviation authority & the local police dept, COVID-19 safety supplies etc)
- Support and best of luck. — Meghmollar2017 • Talk • 18:30, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- Support --MdsShakil (talk) 18:33, 20 September 2021 (UTC)
- it comes from a good heart and with greater ambitions ইব্রাহিম হাসান (talk) 12:00, 2 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support —Golam Mukit ☆ (Talk) 19:13, 2 October 2021 (UTC)
- Support -- Nafiul adeeb (talk) 07:00, 3 October 2021 (UTC)