This Wikimedia Foundation grant has a fiscal sponsor. Arci del Trentino administered the grant on behalf of Jaqen and CristianNX.
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This will be the first edition of Wiki Loves Earth in Italy. As the usual format of the contest, it will focus on uploading pictures about natural heritage sites on Commons. For this first edition, it will be focused only on the Alpine area, as part of the international and multilingual project WikiAlpenforum. It will be important for the Italian community because it has never been organized and because Wikimedia projects in Italian language truly need content about natural heritage sites.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We are already working on communication both on Wikimedia projects ad outside the projects. We are creating a network of institutions (Ministry of the Environment, Regions, Provinces, Italian Alpine Club, etc.), magazines and press, that will collaborate in communications. We also created a website and a Facebook page to improve our visibility. Inside the movement, we are discussing the possibility to use the Sitenotice or/and the CentralNotice.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We will create a jury made both of Wikipedians/Commoners and nature photographers. We will award 10 pictures, those will participate in the international jury phase.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- After the contest, we will organize edit-a-thons and tecnical workshops (eg. on Wikidata) to improve the "infrastructure" around the contest and the natural sites in Italy. Images uploaded during the contest will be used and added to Wikipedia and Wikidata items.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- For the next year, our intention is to extend the contest to the whole country.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: about 500
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: between 5k and 10k
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: about 10%
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The contest is organized thanks to the voluntary work of the members of InFormAzioni association
- We are searching sponsors to cover other expenses (award ceremony, print of the travelling exhibitions, etc.)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1,000.00 EUR: prizes for the 10 national winners
- 468.42 EUR: prizes for regional and special awards
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Cristian has a proved history of success in the organization of wiki events. Using the left-over money of itWikiCon2017 for this grant is a truly win-win move (no money wasted in bank transaction costs on one side, no money from sponsors for prizes hence preventing the prize to be tagged with a name outside Wiki).--Ysogo (talk) 13:31, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support As part of the italian WLE organising team I strongly support this request, looking for sponsors/prices is proving to be quite an unnerving activity since most companies already closed their communication budget for 2018 when we decided to extend WLE to Italy. Lesson learned: we are already planning for WLE 2019! --Civvì (talk) 14:29, 25 April 2018 (UTC)