Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- we will Recruit new editors
- we will Increase skills for existing editors
- we will improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- we are organizing one edit-a-thon online that focus on the Hausa Wikipedia
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- yes, I have been announced it on hausa wekipedia portal
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- we will notify them through social media, such as twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- yeah, I have experienced editors to lead the event User:Anasskoko
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- yeah, they have and most of them have equipment which is enough to do that
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- will add them to our we existing user group on WhatsApp
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events=2
- Number of participants=13+
- Number of new editors=10+
- Number of of articles created or improved=50+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)=3
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have the skills and expertist to chair the project with the help of other experienced editors to support me.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 Branded T-shirt, caps and tags=250US$
- T-shirt =165US$
- caps =50.1US$
2 Hall=300US$ 3 Computer and projector rentals =200US$ 4 Data subscription =200US$ 5 Transport and logistics =300US$ 6 Refreshment =300US$ 7 Certificate of Attendance =100US$ 8 Facemask, Handwash and sanitizer =150US$
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!