Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- To increase contents on Wikimedia Commons
- To improve contents about UNESCO sites in Nigeria on Wikidata, English Wikipedia, Yoruba Wikipedia, Igbo Wikipedia and Hausa Wikipedia
- Recruit new editors for the edit-a-thon
- Engage existing editors
- To create awareness about Wikimedia projects
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- 5 different days for the phototour with 2 photographers
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- The focus will be on UNESCO sites and also declared monuments by the National Commission for Museums and Monuments in Nigeria, they include but not limited to: Ancient Kano City Walls, Surame Cultural Landscape, Sungbo's Eredo, Gashaka Gumti National Park, Takamanda National Park, Ikom monoliths, Oban Hills, Ogbunike Caves, Sukur Cultural lanscape, Old Oyo National Park, Arochkwu Long Juju Slave Route, Kwiambana and/or Ningi, Lake Chad Cultural Landscape etc. and other national museums
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- There will be a physical edit a thon where experienced editors will be present to use the pictures on Wikipedia and also create new Wikipedia articles and Wikidata.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, the 2 photographers have the needed photography gadgets as they are professional photographers
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, see it here
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is a 2 in one which will add pictures and also more Wikipedia articles about the heritage sites. It will also further increase the amount of free license images of UNESCO and Monuments sites on Wikimedia commons.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- If 2 professional photographers participated
- If atleast 300 photos were uploaded to wiki commons
- If at least 20% of the images collected are used
- If atleast a physical edit a thon event was organized
- If at least 12 editors participated at the edit a thon.
- If at least 200 Nigerian Heritage sites related articles are created/improved
- if at least 50 wikidata items are created/improved on Wikidata
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Professional Camera and experienced editor.
- Headofheads Professional photographer and project lead
- Kaizenify, professional photographer and experienced Wikipedian
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation to the listed photograph areas: $85 x 2 x 5days = $850
- Food and Drink (for the photo tour): $16 x 2 x 5days = $480
- Accommodation: $40 x 4nights x 1 room (shared room) = $160
- Event Space for the edit a thon = $150
- Refreshments (for the edit a thon): $10 x 15 participants = $150
- Internet subscription (For the upload and edit a thon): $200
- Disposable nosemask and Hand Sanitizers: $40
- Local Transportation: $80
- Airtime for communication: $45
- Bank Charges: $25
- Miscellaneous: $50
Total= $2,230 : 914,300NGN
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!