Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new users.
- Engage existing users.
- Train new and existing users how to edit an article.
- Train users how to record, convert and upload audio files in wiki commons.
- Make new users familiar with Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Travelling to five (5)local areas with at least 7 wikimedians.
- The five (5) local areas are Chikun, keke A, Rafin Guza, Malali village and mando village
- Two days training in all of the five(5) local areas.
- one (1) day Ceremonial event for participant in all of the five(5) local areas.
- Certification of the participants.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience? Through hausa Wikipedia community portal and our social media groups.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project? I plan to keep the participants in our social media groups in other to keep them intouch with hausa Wikipedia.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
Yes there is event and it will be done in accordance with covid-19 protocols.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)
- the number of participants.
- Number of participants 75.
- Number of new editors. 20
- Number of article created or improved 100
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)150
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have accommodation in all of the local areas
- We have experienced Wikipedia editors to lead the awareness. Uncle Bash77, Emadamx, Alameen Khalid200, Ibrahim8880, Sadauki11, Hajara Sanusi, Abdulkareem Aliyu Yusuf and Me.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: 1. 5 training centers to be hired $500. This is for two (2) days training and a day for certification in each of the five (5) local areas. 2. Data and internet support $500. this is for participants training 2 days at each of the 5 local areas. 3. Transportation $300. Transportation to the different 5 local areas with 7 Wikimedia editors. 4. Communication $300. 5. Prizes $200. Prize for best 3 participants. 6. Certificates $100. Certificate for all participants.
- this project will help in circulating Wikipedia/Wikimedia in every where within the country and world in general.