Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors.
- Add or improve content.
- Popularization of Wikimedia projects among the Turkic community.
- Popularization of Turkic culture.
- Improving content in Turkic Wikipedias.
- Increase in the number of active editors in Turkic Wikipedias.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to host an editathon, which will be an annual event. The marathon will be held at the same time in several Turkic Wikipedia (trwiki, azwiki, ttwiki, bawiki and etc.). With this marathon, we want to increase the number of new articles and the number of new users. The marathon will be held in June, during which a training on working in wikipedia will be held for interested persons (online).
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created a project page on Meta-Wiki and landing pages will also be created on local Wikipedias. When the project begins we will, through the SiteNotice, preempt all Wikipedia visitors about the project. Also, through official accounts of AzWikipedia and Wikimedia TR in social networks (azwiki Facebook, WMTR Facebook, WMTR Twitter, Bashkir WP group on Facebook), we will attract new members and warn them about our project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Mehman97 organizer of "Wiki Loves Monuments" 2017-2018 and "Wiki Loves Earth" 2018 in Georgia, also the organizer of the Gender Gap contests (WikiGap and etc.), From Independence To Freedom, Wikipedia Asian Month 2018-2019, Georgian WikiConference 2018-2019, Bakuriani WikiCamp and Wiki Loves Caucasus 2019.
- HakanIST Wikidata enthusiast, member of WMTR & Turkic Wikimedians.
- Wertuose active editor of azwiki, leader of WM UG-AZ, organizer of the CEE Spring and other WM projects.
- Sakhalinio organizer of the Gender Gap events in Turkey, active editor of WM projects and member of WMTR & Turkic Wikimedians.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All existing Wikipedia participants have all the necessary skills and technical devices to participate in the competition. New participants if they do not have the necessary skills, we will help them to conduct lessons for them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- As WM Turkic UG we try to hold many thematic contests, so the editors are free to take part in our projects. In addition, Turkic Wikipedias conduct other contests in which all participants can participate.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This is the first joint contest of Turkic communities and Wikipedias, therefore its success is very important for us. This project is important for the development and improvement of Turkic Wikipedias.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 40-50
- Number of new editors: 10-15
- Number of articles created or improved: 200-250
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): N/A
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The organizers of the project will be 4 experienced participants of the Wikimedia projects and UG-TR, UG-AZ, UG-GE who have held several successful projects together. There are no other financial sources, except for the WMF.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We for the winners of the contest we calculated online gift cards (for some winners) and various valuable prizes (for some winners). Also, additionally we ask the amount for online advertisements in social networks and for mail service for the delivery of prizes.
|Items||Num. of Wikipedias||amount per WP||Amount (USD)||Total|
|Vouchers and prizes||6||300.00 $||1,800.00 $ (USD)||1,800.00 $ (USD)|
|Ads||–||–||50.00 $ (USD)||50.00 $ (USD)|
|Bank fees||–||–||50.00 $ (USD)||50.00 $ (USD)|
|Mail service||—||–||100.00 $ (USD)||100.00 $ (USD)|
|Grand total||2,000.00 $ (USD)|
Total requested: 2,000.00 $ (USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!