Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add visual content related to 5 cities of Punjab, India.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- We will organize a single tour which will be 26 days long. It will be three of us on this tour.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- There are no/very less quality images of these cities on Wikipedia. We will be uploading 25 good quality pictures of each city. This set of pictures will showcase different aspects and areas of each city, their specialties, landscape and people.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- We will try to capture the main landmarks in and around the city. As the articles on these cities already exist, we will be taking pictures accordingly. So that, people reading the article have a visual guide along with the text.
- Wikipedia articles of the 5 cities that we have identified are mentioned below along with the number of images currently in the articles:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We own all the equipment needed and are professional photographers already working for the well established art institutes here in India. We will be handling this project by ourselves with our personal cameras and other supportive equipment. We have already worked successfully on similar projects. We think it's very important that images of Punjabi cities be available on Wikipedia, and we have the skill and gear to do that.
- Some of our Quality Images on Wikimedia Commons can be seen below:
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Travel and photograph plan: 15 August – 20 September
- 1. Travel to Ludhiana – 15 August
- 2. Photograph Ludhiana – 16-19 August
- 3. Travel to Malerkotla – 20 August
- 4.Photograph Malerkotla – 21-24 August
- 5.Travel to Sangrur – 25 August
- 6. Photograph Sangrur – 26-29 August
- 7. Travel to Barnala – 30 August
- 8. Photograph Barnala – 31-3 September
- 9. Travel to Mansa – 4 September
- 10. Photograph Mansa – 5-8 September
- Asses all the work and submit it by 20 September
- Upon successful completion of this project, we plan to document other cities of Punjab is the same way.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants - 3
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons - 150
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects - 50
- Number of Quality Images - 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Gurdeepdali - I will be the primary organizer of this photographic expedition. I have worked on similar photography projects given to me by Punjab Arts Council and Panjab Digital Library.
- Satdeep Gill - Satdeep Gill is a long time Wikipedian and has contributed more than 50 quality images on Wikimedia Commons till date. He will be facilitating in organizing the expedition.
- Sukhan saar - Sukhan is a photographer and cinematographer who has keen interest in documenting Punjab.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Except the financial, we have all the resources. the funds requested will be used as listed below:
- Travel - 20,000 INR (fuel and food on the way to, within and around the city)
- Food - 30,000 INR (Rs. 500 per person per day - 500*3*20 - 20 days, with 4 days in each city)
- Miscellanous - 10,000 INR (This can include internet charges and accommodation at some places)
- Total - 60,000 INR (875 USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!