Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We want small projects to be able to have events with each other. In the case of Spanish Wikivoyage, focus on writing and improving travel guides. To Spanish Wikinews, writing new articles. For both, the contest is important given the lack of attention offered to both projects and their communities - at the time of requesting this, an example would be that Wikiviajes has only two active members-.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- In order to avoid the problems of the previous contest, the way to proceed will be prepared in December. Will include, but is not limited to:
- Invite all spanish-speaker Wikimedia editors to join the contest using the corresponding mailing lists,
- Village pumps and -in case of eswikivoyage- the Wikivoyage International Bar,
- Geolocated banners to advertise the contest to Wikimedia readers,
- And promote it on my social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Discord) -include the eswikivoyage twitter account-.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Spanish Wikivoyage: The organizers each week compute the travel guides created or edited and keep track of the participants. Five points for new travel guide, two points for each 2,000 bytes added, one point for ilustrate travel guides with existing photos on Wikimedia Commons (two points if the photos are they autorship and not exist previously) and two points for creating an iberoamerican destination in another language. Challenges give prizes too. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers or for challenge's completion. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
- Spanish Wikinews: Five points for each new article, two points if that article was related to iberoamerica. To be valid, these articles must be approved.
- Both: Challenges give prizes too. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers in each project or for challenge's completion. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
4. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In the Five-year Wikivoyage anniversary, the Spanish Wikivoyage community with the assistance from Wikimedia Spain, organized one edit-a-thon, four months earlier, a contest for Wikivoyage was held.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 20 (10 for each project).
- Number of articles created or improved: 50 (25 for each project).
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Galahad: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, answer questions on contest talk page, check scores, purchase prizes.
- Millars: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, check scores.
- Hispano76: Contest organizer, will create contest pages, contest promotion, check scores.
- Total funding needed: 950 USD for prizes; $300 for top three prizes, $650 for challenges completed.
- Note: I have remaining funds from the previous contest equal to $350, so this grant request is aimed at the rest ($600).
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support This project seem well thought out and really needed now. Dfertileplain (talk) 05:46, 2 December 2020 (UTC)