Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Organize a community project
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- The goal is to formalize a partnership with connected researchers linked to the University of Brasília and the Federal University of Goiás to enhance mutual understanding of the possibilities of loading data structured into GLAM activities. These researches are directly linked to the study of CMS and museums collections. We plan also to upload at least hundreds of high res images from museum collections a few days after the meeting, with proper and good metadata.
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- How will you let the participants know about the meeting?
- There will at least a post on Portuguese Wikipedia Village Pump, Telegram group, and obviously a later report on Meta and possibly on the Outreach GLAM Newsletter.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- The group of people involved has been in contact for the last two months and the idea of a two-day face-to-face meeting is a tool to reinforce these contacts.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Well, I already have the contact with the teachers and researchers and after some online meetings we were able to establish a date for a face-to-face meeting between the people involved. Costs of transportation (including flights from Brasilia to São Paulo) and accommodation have been made available by other sources and/or will be handled by ourselves. This request refers only to the cost of renting a meeting room in the city of São Paulo and food for a meeting of about 10-15 people (2 days).
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants (10-15 people)
- Number of people who will help organize the event (2-3)
- U$ 550 for rent a meeting room for 2 days (with internet and data show)
- U$ 290 for food (for both days)