Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will organize a six-day wikicamp, where participants have the possibility to learn how to contribute to the Wikimedia projects.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will share information about our wikicamp on our website www.fuff.ee and our FB page. Also we will PR the event through https://fennougria.ee/ and other language related FB sites and groups.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, Wikimedia Estonia is providing us the skilful and experienced editors.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We choose participants who speak their mother tongue in high level and beforehand had experience in filming, photo or in other audiovisual forms.Participants will bring their own laptop and there will be internet available to them. Also they will bring their cameras and we will provide them cameras and programs.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will keep contact with our participants. Our other goal is to create a network of activists in the Finno-Ugric world to post audiovisual materials more frequently. We will ask them to create content the next year on regular basis. Also we will invite them to our festivals and other events again and again. We have also a monthly newsletter where we inform them about the upcoming meetings and events.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We think that this project very important and will help Finno-Ugrians to focus on their needs especially as from this September is not allowed to learn minority languages in primary schools in Russia. As this is a very hard situation for all of the Finno-Ugrians we would like to encourage them to put as many information as they can to Wikimedia about their cultures on their mother tongue.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1
- Number of participants 15
- Number of new editors 10
- Number of of articles created or improved 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 50
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organising the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have long experience in organising events. Our annual film festival FUFF is organised for 6 years. Also we have been organising seminars and workshops and film camps the last 6 years. Our organisation got granted from many different European resources. We got a grant from Kindreds peoples Program Estonia (2400 EUR) to invite the participants and pay for their travel to Estonia. Wikimedia Estonia is supporting us with knowhow
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food 1000 EUR 15 participants for 6 days / 11 EUR /day/participant - Accommodation 800EUR 15 participants for 6 days - TOTAL 1800 EUR
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Because this is great and we believe in Finno-Ugric strength Edina Csullog (talk) 11:47, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- Smaller Finno-Ugric wikis could benefit a lot from this. Kruusamägi (talk) 22:16, 14 November 2019 (UTC)
- As a WMEE board member, I'm happy to see several organizations cooperating to make wiki knowledge in the smaller Finno-Ugric communities stronger and I'd like to see Wikimedia supporting the project. Reosarevok (talk) 21:59, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- Edina told me about the project. I support and will be ready to share my experiencies with the Võro Vikipeediä and revitalisation of the Võro language.--Võrok (talk) 22:15, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I endorse! Puik (talk) 09:25, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
- I definitely support this project and will share my experiences if needed. --Metsavend (talk)