Grants:Project/Rapid/Files Linking in Wikitionary
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- This project is all about linking files: Audio and images in Hausa Wikitionary,most of Hausa Wikitionary editors doesn't know how to linked images and audio files in Wikitionary. As an administrator in Hausa Wikitionary, this project will train new and existing users on how to link free licences images and audio files in Hausa Wikitionary to boost the progression and get more skillful editors. Below is a category of some standard words we create, words with references, audio and images, during this program the mentees will be trained the same.
- Recruite male and female editors (as priority)
- Train Female and male existing editors
- Create 250 words
- To link 100 audio files
- To link 100 image files
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I and User:Salisu Adamu will spend our time training new and existing users on how to edit Hausa Wikitionary in relationship to linking free licences images and free licences audio files from wikimedia commons to Hausa Wikitionary.
- moreover, editors in Hausa Wikitionary lack experience especially in terms of making edit through Source Editing, the fact that visual editing doesn't work, so in this project editing/linking through Source Editing will be thought.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I have informed them via our social media groups and Hausa Wikitionary Discussion page.https://ha.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:Babban_shafi#Files_Linking_in_Wikitionary
- We target audience from Hausa Wikitionary because they will be the ones that will be Linking the images and audio files in Hausa Wikitionary and they'll keep on linking at the end of the project.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will creat WhatsApp group in the course of the project to follow up the activities.
Are you running any in-person events or activities?
- Yes, there will be two in-person events.
If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants = 30
- Number of words to create or improve (if applicable) = 250
- Number of photos to be linked to Wikitionary (if applicable) = 100
- Number of Audio to be linked to Wikitionary (if applicable) =100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
1-Hall - 100,000 X 2days = 200,000
2-Data - 80,000 X 2days = 160,000
3-Transport - 70,000 X 2days = 140,000
4-Food - 90,000 X 2days = 180,000
5-Projectile - 35,000 for 2days
6-Merchandises - 86,000 for T-shirts,Caps and Pamphlet
7-Miscellaneous - 100,000
8-Laptop Hiring - 2,000 X 30pads = 60,000 X 2days = 120,000
- Total in Naira=1,021,000
- Total in USD=2,469.51