Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- yes I have already participated as a trainer
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We will use our internal mailing list, our Whatsapp group and Telegram, and also our metapage to communicate and let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal. We will also connect to Facebook, Instagram channel to communicate the information to burundian community
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will use information posters to advertise and call for new volunteers; we will use social media to advertise the event. Offline Discussions and Meetings with existing Burundi wikimedians. We will also use our metapage
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- Yes I have experience in wikimedia editors and I have and I have another person who have experience in wikimedia editors who can also help in the training of new editors like: User:Ferdinand IF99; User:Gilbert Ndihokubwayo
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some participants already have their own laptops and mobile phones. We will have to hire some laptops for participants who do not have computers. The participants will be provided with Internet data that will be used during the edit-a-thon sessions.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have a WhatsApp and telegram groups, the new participants will be added in those groups;
- We will to do face-to-face monitoring;
- We have an Email newsletter, we will communicate using the emails.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- GUHUBURA is a name RUNDI which means in english "correction". Given that on the wikipedia we write information freely and that even those who do not really know the information of BURUNDI, this project consist in seeing the information which is badly written, the information which is not up to date and the other fotes which are committed by those who do not know the KIRUNDI language and we will correct them.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:3
- Number of participants:30
- Number of new editors:20
- Number of of articles created or improved:85
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 experienced Burundi Wikimedians who will management of this Project:
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- ===Project budget table===
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Summary|
|Communication & Promotion||1||$150||$150||We will use of social media platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, Radio) for advertising the contest with an aim of reaching out so many people.|
|Venue||3||100||$300||This will carter for venue to the participants and the organizing team for the three days edit-a-athon.|
|BREAFAST & LUNCH||30||12(3)||$ 1080||This will carter for Breakfast and lunch for the participants(30) and the organizing team(2) for the 3 days edit-a-thon.|
|t-shirts||30||$10||$300||This will carter for t-shirts to the participants and the organizing team.|
|Facemaks and hand sanitizer||40||$40||This will carter for Facemaks and hand sanitizer to the participants and the organizing team|
|Internet costs||3||$100||$300||This will cover the edit-a-thons, editing sessions|
|Transport costs||30||$15||$450||This will cover transport fares to the participants and the organizing team from different parts of the Town BUJUMBURA to the event venue.|
|Bank charges||$40||Bank charges|
|Total: USD 2710|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I fully