This project aims to spread Wiki Loves Monuments in the Apulian territory, also thanks to the resonance given on the press. It's the first regional edition of the competition: WLM has never been organized in the Apulian territory. This project will increase the number of photos from Apulia. Last year they were 188 with a low number of monuments involved in the contest. This year we worked to increase the number of monuments and thanks to this project, we will increase also the number of photos uploaded.
We asked to few local businesses for a sponsorship, but our requests were refused because Wiki Loves Monuments and Wikimedia projects, in Apulia, are little known. They didn't even ask how much money we wanted.
Wiki Loves Monuments Puglia (Italian word for Apulia) will focus on Wiki Loves Monuments general goals. We asked a lot of authorizations and we obtained most of them. We plan to increase the number of photoes and Wiki Loves Monuments awareness in Apulia offering local prizes and promoting the local contest using printed materials and Facebook ads.
The jury will consist of local wikimedians and members of a local photographic club (experienced and professional photographers), which accepted to work with us in organizing and promoting Wiki Loves Monuments.
We plan to organize almost two photowalks with the photographic club, to take photos of the most important monuments in Apulia.
The 10 most beautiful photos will be printed and we'll organize an exhibition.
500 photos, 50 participants and we plan to use 100 quality photos on projects.
Last year only 180 photos were uploaded, but this year, more monuments are involved.
- Associazione Fotografica Kaleidos Club will help us organize the contest and the photowalks, judge the photos and promote the activities;
- Assessorato alle Politiche Giovanili, Municipality of Bari, will give us for free the gallery to organize the exhibition;
- Centro servizi al volontariato San Nicola will give us easels to expose the exhibition panels.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- prizes of the contest: 250 euros
- 1st prize: 100 euros gift card
- 2nd prize: 75 euros gift card
- 3rd prize: 50 euros gift card
- 4th prize: 25 euros gift card
- printing certificates on parchments for the first 10 winners: 5 euros each = 50 euros
- printing exhibition panels: 20 euros each = 200 euros
- printing leaflets and other printed material: 100 euros
- facebook advertising: 100 euros
TOTAL: 700 EUROS; 788.514 DOLLARS
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I agree with the Project Goal and the overall plan. Apulia deserves a chance. I could possibly be a volunteer, depending on work issues. Mickey83 (talk) 15:08, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support It's a good opportunity for the contest to explore one of the most interesting regions of Southern Italy, and for the proposer to bring up to a notch his capabilities as an organiser. I'm looking forward to work with him this summer! Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 15:12, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- Lemure Saltante (talk) 19:02, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
- Interesting Martinligabue (talk) 07:57, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
- Important project to promote WLM and Wikimedia in South ItalyKaspo (talk) 10:03, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
- Interesting opportunity, good scopes, valued team members, I strongly support g (talk) 12:33, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Good opportunity. --Marcok (talk) 17:47, 20 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Good idea!--Alessandra Boccone (talk) 13:07, 25 July 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support I really support this project, it willhave a great value for our southern cultural heritage. Looking forward to join him.--Colombati 9:00, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support It's important to help in building a success story in order to make the following editions attractive for local funders. Pietro (talk) 20:32, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Concordo con quanto scritto e sostengo il progetto: grande opportunità di valorizzazione culturale! anastasianespoli
- Volunteer Hello,
I think this project is necessary and indispensable to open the Apulian cultural heritage to the world according to the canons of open culture and free knowledge. Hyeronimus (talk) 06:20, 23 July 2019 (UTC)