Please see the sample Photowalk application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Add or improve content : Enrich Wikipedia in articles and pictures on Algeria.
- Recruit new editors : Initiate 10 young people to contribute to Wikipedia.
- Engage existing editors : transmit their know-how in publishing in wikipeia and commons.
- Ten young people from the city of Oran.
- The associations of the city of Oran ("ISOCLUB" and "The Algerian nomads").
- Associations of visited cities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. How many walks/tours will you organize and how many people on each walk?
- a dozen young people from Oran go on a trip to unknown regions of Algeria.
2. What kind of content will the walks focus on? Why is this topic a priority?
- articles on full of subjects on the spot, the gastronomy, the characters of the region, the music, the fauna and the flora ... ect.
3. What is the plan to ensure images will be used on Wikimedia projects?
- The project will be built in such a way that it will be reissued several times, one edition for each region.
- The first targeted region is the region of Ain Safra, 420 km from Oran, a region rich in history, nature and cultures, unfortunately, it is very poorly known, much less Wikipedia
- Phase 01 (Recruitment and Training)
- During this phase, we communicate about the project via a call for applications to recruit our 10 trainees
- A one-day training will be provided, so that he can create their account, become familiar with the platform and learn how to contribute?
- Phase 02 (Travel and production)
- Prepare the trip, do the program and embark the team for the trip
- Meet local associations, start production, gathering information on ten themes, one theme per trainee: Gastronomy, music, poetry, characters, flora, fauna, festivals, monuments, crafts and costumes
- Phase 03 (Editing and uploading)
- A meeting will be organized one week after the return to finalize the work, start the editing and finish by posting the articles
- Phase 04 Closing and Evaluation)
- A closing ceremony will be organized, to communicate the results of the project, evaluate the work and give the certificates to our trainees and our partners.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will be supervised by Wikipedians from WikiDZ.
participants will receive training on how to use wikipedia. They will receive packs prepared and will use their own cameras and smartphones will provide them with connectivity and logistics transport, accommodation and food
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants : 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 30
- Number of articles created on Wikimedia projects : 30
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Designation||Prix Unitaire||Nombre||Total local Currency DZD||Total in USD|
|Pack participant||1400||10||14 000,00|
|Telephone Card recharge||1000||04||4 000,00|
|Meals Meeting and training||500||20||10 000,00|
|Meal during travel||500||12X2X3||36 000,00|
|Camp Accommodation||14000||3||42 000,00|
|Conference room rental||10000||1||10 000,00|
|Cellule||234 000,00||1985,07 (curency 117,88 at 29/07/2018)|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!