Grants:Project/Rapid/Fatawu25/Wikipedia promotion Campaign in Kumbungu District, Northern Region, Ghana
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Recruit new users.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- After a successful completion of the first and second projects for the Dallung Wikimedians Community, it's a priority for the Community to increase its membership by an appreciable number of new editors to prepare the community for bigger future projects. It is in light of this that we are going in for this project. We will have a 2 day awareness campaign in communities within the Kumbungu District, Northern Region, Ghana. New editors will be introduced to The Wikimedia Foundation being the power behind all Wikimedia projects and also be introduced to the various Wikimedia projects. Wikipedia posters and stickers will be printed and pasted at vantage points, on motor bikes and cars. We will also have a 2-day 30 minutes radio program at Simli radio, Dallung to reach out to people at places that we might not physically cover. On the market day of Dallung Community, public address system(sound system) will be mounted on an open vehicle while participants move along spreading the news about Wikipedia to people. Customized Wikipedia branded T-Shirts will be printed and shared among existing editors and new recruits, this would serve as a way of promoting Wikipedia when ever these shirts are won.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Information of the project will be shared on Dallung Wikimedians Community WhatsApp group.
- Emails will be sent to invite experienced Wikimedians to support/endorse this project
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Being a core member of the Read to Change Initiative, I am regularly engaged in a radio program that seeks to promote and support reading. I am also engaged in promoting this initiative by forming reading clubs in selected communities within the Kumbungu District. Social media(facebook) is another platform that has been used to promote the initiative.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- New recruits will be met and supported to create their Wikipedia User accounts in other to prepare for subsequent projects.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Link to COVID-19 Risk Assessment Tool.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will greatly impact the Dallung Wikimedians Community in terms of membership, this will widen the membership who are mostly based in Dallung to other communities.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached 500
- Number of campaign participants 30
- Number of new volunteers recruited 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Fatawu25 is an experienced Wikimedian and have successfully embarked on two Wikimedia projects. He will take charge of organizing the project.
- User:Illiasusaeed will provide general I.T support.
- User:Ayisha35 will be responsible for logistics.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- PROJECT BUDGET
ITEM QUANTITY RATE(GHS) TOTAL(GHS) NOTES Souvenirs for participants( notebooks, pen stickers etc) 25 100 2500 Souvenirs will be provided to participants Food and Refreshment 25 200 5000 Food and Refershment will be provided for
participants for the entire campaign
Internet support for team members during training
and post training for report writing
N/A N/A 950 Team members will be reimbursed with data allowance
for campaign and post campaign activities.
Venue rental 700 2 1400 A hall will be rented for the 2 days campaign where
participants will abode and be introduced to the various
Customized Wikipedia shirts for participants 30 50 1500 Customized Wikipedia shirts will be provided for participants. Promotions and branding;Offline ( banners, posters, stickers and armbans) 1500 banners, posters, stickers and armbans will be provided
to newly recruited editors.
Projector rental 2 100 200 Rent of projector for 2 days will be cattered for. Transport and cost of public address system(sound system) for floating as part of
the campaign and promotion
N/A N/A 1000 An open vehicle and sound system will be hired to support floating
as part of campaign.
Local transportation for participants N/A N/A 1000 Transportation cost of participants coming from outside
Dallung community will be catered for.
Radio program(Offline campaign) 2 250 500 A 2 day 30 minute radio program will be catered for. Allowance for participants 25 100 2500 participants will be given motivational allownace for the campaign Covid safety kits 30 25 750 Face mask , hand sanitizers and covid termomitre test will be
Allowance for team members 5 150 750 team members will be provided motivational allownce Bank charges 400 For all bank transfer charges. TOTAL(GHS) 19,950 1USD = 6.265 GHS (Oanda exchange - January 9, 2022) TOTAL(USD) 3,208.56
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support .This project will go a long way to increase the membership of the Dallung Wikimedia Community for bigger projects in the future.Fatawu25 (talk) 11:03, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Iddi Manzah Suweidu (talk) 20:20, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Fotosabdul (talk) 21:52, 23 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Karim Fuseini (talk) 16:27, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Xixlezz100 (talk) 21:41, 23 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support . this project will increase the membership of Dalun Wikimedia Community.Doctor Dalun (talk) 17:11, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Abdulfatawu12 (talk) 17:14,12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Waako21 (talk) 19:14, 12 January 2022
- Strong support . The project will increase membership of the community for bigger projects.Ayisha35 (talk) 19:17, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Gadafi25 (talk) 16:27, 13 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Mohammed dawuda (talk) 13:47, 16 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Alliance abio (talk) 16:38,
- Strong support .Maltiti Mohammed (talk) 20:28, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Sonaa100 (talk) 21:11, 14 2022(UTC)
- Strong support .Rashidaprincess (talk) 22:05, 15 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Bash222 (talk) 08:18, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support .Masterrashad (talk) 09:01, 15 January 2022 (UTC).
- Strong support .Wumbeidoo (talk) 18:47, 19 January 2022 (UTC).