Grants:Project/Rapid/Epantaleo/The Wikimedia Foundation - Wiktionary - Etymologies
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Doing dissemination about Wiktionary and Wikizionario, also focusing on local dialects (Tarantino, Sicilian, Neapolitan)
- Attract new users and editors on Wiktionary and Wikizionario
- Doing dissemination about the etytree tool
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
The purpose of the meeting is trying to create a local community of users and editors. During the meeting I will also present my own tool etytree developed within the Wikimedia Foundation. The presentation will be preceded by a description of Wikimedia projects, focusing on Wiktionary and Wikizionario. I will explain how to add/edit content and I'll also show how local dialects are represented in Wiktionary and Wikizionario. Then I will explain how etytree works and how users can contribute to Wiktionary to improve its content using etytree.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
The event is advertised by the coworking space through its network of followers on social media (see for example their Facebook page with almost 12000 followers). Facebook event page and the Eventbrite event page therein.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
I will create a mailing list and keep subscribers updated about events and meetings.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants: 30
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 2
- food: 5 pizzas (one pizza - focaccia is about 7 euros) = 35 euro
- drinks: 25 beers + 5 sodas (about 1 euro each) = 30 euro