Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content in Wikipedia Kiswahili
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A series of 3 editathons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will let the community about the event through social media in which the community is mostly involved in. I have created a whatsapp group, facebook page and instagram page in order to reach a large number of the community members
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- The Arusha community consists of existing editors who have always been participating in the editathons in Arusha and they are to lead the events
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants who previously managed to attend the editathons and training managed to come with their laptops and they were willing to share with the ones who did not possess a laptop. So the community members support each other during the events.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the events, the participants will be engaged through discussions in social media specifically on the WhatsApp group whereas there will be held some discussions and training, Facebook with the link https://web.facebook.com/Wikimedia-Community-Arusha-102985414576695/
and Instagram (Wikimedia Community Arusha).
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The idea of the project came right after the event of #1lib1ref Arusha as the volunteers requested to have regular events so as they could contribute more to the Wikimedia projects and also get more time to practice on the editing
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 3
- Number of participants- 20
- Number of new editors- 10
- Number of of articles created or improved - 35+
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The event will be organized by three people who are:
- Ebenezer Mlay - Project Manager
- John Massawe - Event Organizer
- Hermenegildi Malisa- Project Facilitator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food - 162.36 USD * 3 (events) = 487.08 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 86.59 * 3 (events) = 259.77 USD
- Internet - 21.65 USD * 3 (events) = 64.94 USD
- Local Transport - 162.36 USD * 3 (events) = 487.08 USD
- Venue - 34.64 USD * 3 (events) = 103.91 USD
- Stationary 30.31 USD * 3 (events) = 90.92 USD
- Camera rent 43.30 USD * 3 (events) = 129.89 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!