Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content in Swahili and English Wikipedia concerning African Cinema
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- Through holding a series of three events we will focus on contributing to the Wikimedia projects on matters concerned about the African Cinema. It is important to contribute to the African Cinema as there is a wide gap in knowledge about the African Cinema and it will be great if the Wikimedia Community Arusha will contribute to this knowledge.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- I will let the community about the contest through social media in which the community is mostly involved in. The Wikimedia Community of Arusha has social media platforms like a WhatsApp group, Facebook page and Instagram page which will be used to to reach a large number of the community members
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The contest will contain the jury who will be judging to see who has has the best contributions based on the edits done.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The Wikimedia Community of Arusha has never participated in this contest. It will be a great lesson for the community to learn about the project and gain more exposure to the Wikimedia projects.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants - 18
- Number of articles created or improved - 50+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have a team of organizers:
- Ebenezer Mlay - Event Organiser
- John Massawe - Event Facilitor
- Gladness Gibson - Event Advisor
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 2,317.34 TZS as of 13 September 2020 
- Food - 150.709 * 3 = 452.126 USD
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 86.1193 * 3 = 258.358 USD
- Internet - 21.5298 * 3 = 64.5895 USD
- Local Transport - 150.709 * 3 = 452.126 USD
- Venue - 34.4477 * 3 = 103.343 USD
- Stationary - 30.1418 * 3 = 90.4253 USD
- Camera rent 43.0597* 3 = 129.179 USD
- Gifts for winners 322.947 USD
- Personal Protective Equipment (Face cloth masks and sanitizers) - 38.7537* 3 = 116.261 USD
Total = 1,989.36 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!