Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors including Arusha Librarians
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve the content in Swahili Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- One editathon will be conducted.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The community will be informed about the event through a WhatsApp group of the Wikimedia Community in Arusha ( https://chat.whatsapp.com/LUNsBlasvmGBe1inP7p7yA ) and also through awareness sessions in different Universities in Arusha.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- There are four experienced editors who are willing to support in facilitation of the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- As the Arusha Wikimedia Community is still in its early stages there is a range of participants. There are almost four participants who are experienced and the majority are those who are newbies and those who have attended at least one or two events. The experienced editors are happy to help with the less experienced ones to be able to participate fully in the project. Not all the participants have laptops and thus arrangements for venues with laptops.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- After the event, I will engage the participants through the WhatsApp group for Wikimedians in Arusha and also through social media as lots of youth are in social media.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of new editors:7
- Number of articles created or improved: Not less than 15
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am organizing the project together with other three experienced Wikimedians. Together we will be able to facilitate a successful project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food - 300,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Tea, Drinks, and Bites - 150,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Internet - 50,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Local Transport - 300,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Projector Rent - 80,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Tshirts 4 - 60000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Stationary - 70,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Contingency / Bank Transfer Fees - 105,000 Tanzanian Shillings
- Total - 1,115,000 Tanzanian Shillings
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!